With operations in 35+ nations and ~27,000 employees worldwide, CSL is driven to develop and deliver a broad range of lifesaving therapies to treat disorders such as hemophilia and primary immune deficiencies, and vaccines to prevent influenza. Our therapies are also used in cardiac surgery, organ transplantation and burn treatment.Job Description
CSL is the parent company of CSL Behring and Seqirus. CSL Behring is a global leader in the protein biotherapeutics industry, focused on bringing to market biotherapies used to treat serious and often rare conditions. CSL Behring operates CSL Plasma, one of the world's largest collectors of human plasma, which is used to create CSL’s therapies. Seqirus is one of the largest influenza vaccine companies in the world and is a transcontinental partner in pandemic preparedness and a major contributor to the prevention and control of influenza globally.
We invite you to take a look at the many career possibilities available around the globe and consider building your promising future at CSL by becoming a member of our team!
• Responsible for the efficient and effective collection of plasma from donors by performing venipuncture, monitoring the pheresis process and following Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
• In compliance with SOPs, performs all aspects of the pheresis procedure and plasma collection, including donor set-up, donor monitoring and donor disconnect.
• In compliance with SOPs and Food & Drug Administration (FDA) guidelines, performs venipuncture on donors to begin pheresis process.
• Evaluates vein performance of the donor to identify possible problems; makes necessary corrections in order to expedite donation time and ensure product quality and donor safety. Ensures donation process is efficient and makes adjustments when necessary to make the process a positive experience for the donor.
• May educate new donors on the use of therapeutic products made from donated plasma. Explains the screening process, the health screening tests performed, the appointment system, donation fees, center policies, proper nutrition and any other information pertinent to the donor. Ensures that all donor questions are answered timely, accurately and professionally.
• Maintains alertness to any reaction by donors and assists with reactions or notifies appropriate staff.
• Uses Personal Digital Assistant (PDA) to record incidents that occur during the pheresis process, such as machine alerts and alarms, volume variances and donor adverse events.
• Required to perform calibrations and verify that maintenance has been performed as outlined in the SOPs. Required to respond to and resolve complex equipment alarms or donor issues.
• Troubleshoots equipment failures. Creates incident documentation, removes and/or replaces equipment from service.
• Monitors donor flow on the donor floor to assure continuous turnover. Alerts Group Leader of Supervisor of donor flow issues.
• Collects arm samples or whole blood samples from donors for testing.
• Ensures the accurate recording of donor data in the electronic donor information management system as outlined in the Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
• Understands the policies and procedures associated with hyper immune programs at the center if applicable.
• Maintains clean efficient work environment, and ensures sufficient operating supplies and forms are available as needed. Follows all Health Safety & Environmental (HSE) and Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) policies and procedures. Promotes safety in all actions.
• Maintains confidentiality of all personnel, donor and center information.
• May be cross-trained in other areas to meet the needs of the business.
• Bilingual skills may be required, at the discretion of the organization, to meet the needs of the business.
• Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
• High school diploma or equivalent required.
• Minimum twelve (12) months experience in a medical or health care environment preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience.
For Centers located in CA the following experience is also required:
• Persons performing automated plasmapheresis procedures must be at a minimum state certified as a Certified Phlebotomy Technician I, OR
• Current Registered Nurse by the State of California.
Different qualifications or responsibilities may apply based on local legal and/or educational requirements. Refer to local job documentation where applicable.
CSL offers the following benefits for this full-time position: Options for health care benefits, including choices of plans for medical and prescription drug, dental, and vision coverage; Company-provided basic life insurance and Short- and Long-Term Disability; the option to participate in CSL’s 401(k) Savings Program; Paid Time Off (PTO) for use in connection with vacations, illness, and other personal business; and paid observed holidays as designated by the Company.
Occupational Safety And Health
Personal Digital Assistant
Occupational Health And Safety Administration (Osha)