We are looking for a talented Functional Safety Product Architect to join our team specializing in Engineering for our Engine Business Unit in Columbus, IN / your remote home office within the US. This Functional Safety (FuSa) architecture role will be primarily responsible for defining and documenting conceptual models describing the structure and behavior of the Engine Business Unit's (EBU's) electrical and electronic systems required to comply with ISO 26262. This includes but is not limited to supporting EBU applications to ensure an appropriate functional safety platform architecture is applied and adapted to the program’s specific needs.
In this role, you will make an impact in the following ways:
- Define and deliver FuSa system-level architecture and safety analyses for electrical and electronic systems.
- Define and document conceptual models to achieve vehicle-level safety goals and top FuSa requirements.
- Identify and define scenarios that impact safety (including technology limitations and environmental conditions that challenge and trigger unsafe behaviors from the system)
- Work with design, systems, sensor owners, and performance engineers to implement, verify, and validate safety requirements
- Work cross-functionally to define data collection strategies that satisfy system-level qualitative and quantitative analyses.
To be successful in this role you will need the following:
- College, university, or equivalent bachelor’s degree in Engineering or other relevant technical disciplines is required.
- Minimum 5 years of prior Technical Specialist/Specialist Engineering equivalent work experience in a relevant discipline area is required with a demonstrated track record of technical problem solving, quality decision making and providing technical direction and leadership to a project team(s).
- Knowledge of MS Office tools is preferred.
- This role will be expected to be certified or soon be certified as Functional Safety Certified Automotive Engineer per ISO 26262.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Base salary rate commensurate with experience.
- Additional benefits vary between locations and include options such as our 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan, Cash Balance Pension Plan, Medical/Dental/Life Insurance, Health Savings Account, Domestic Partners Coverage and a full complement of personal and professional benefits.
- Data Collection
- Decision Making
- Iso 26262
- Microsoft Office