This position is for Pactiv Evergreen Inc.
At Pactiv, the health and safety of our employees is a top priority. In response to the COVID-19 pandemic and in accordance with guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), we have implemented a number of safety precautions at all of our locations to protect our employees. These precautions include, but are not limited to, mandatory face coverings, daily COVID-19 screenings, including temperature screenings, social distancing requirements and proper hygiene protocols. In addition, we provide all of our employees with regular COVID-19 updates and education.
• Complete daily Standard Work Assignments and sheets • Support work station functions and workflow by:
• Ensuring that packers are supplied with necessary water, poly bags, tape, boxes and other supplies to complete their assigned responsibilities
• Replenishing and organizing of Point of Use Shelves (POUS)
• Removing finished good pallets from work stations in a timely manner, paying attention to proper stacking pattern and load stability
• Providing pallets, Work in Progress (WIP) and scrap Gaylords that are in good condition, as needed
• Supporting changeovers
• Process finished good pallets to support SAP inventory procedures to include:
• Shrink wrapping
• Labeling pallets
• Maintaining SAP inventory sheet labels
• Placing products into TEMP inventory locations
• Moving inventory from TEMP location to designated warehouse location
• Ensure incoming shift has adequate supplies available to maintain workflow without disruption
• Uphold the warehouse standards by maintaining items in their designated areas, including but not limited to trash, pallets, fork lift trucks, pallet jacks, boxes and finished products
• Maintain cleanliness of work areas by:
• Sweeping, dusting and removing the trash
• Remove pallets of waste corrugate and place on designated trailer
• Empty full trash cans and operate trash compactor
• Dispose of hazardous waste materials in designated locations
• Assist in maintenance of shared areas such as bathrooms and break rooms
• Perform grinding, venting and laser engraving responsibilities as assigned • Knowledge of ability to perform all job requirements of Packer position, relieve Packers for breaks and fill in for Packers, as assigned
• Communicate any product, packaging or palletizing quality concerns to the first available QC, Technician, Supervisor or Manager within a timely manner.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Six months manufacturing or shipping experience preferred
• Ability to accurately count, add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions & decimals
• Strong communication skills (verbal and written)
• Ability to read & interpret documents, i.e safety rules, operating & maintenance instructions, & procedure manuals
• Possess a positive professional attitude
About Pactiv Evergreen Inc.:
Pactiv Evergreen Inc., the new powerhouse within the food and beverage packaging industry was formed in September 2020 following the merger of two great organizations; Pactiv LLC, the leading manufacturer of food and beverage packaging solutions in North America, and Evergreen Packaging LLC, the global leader in paper packaging solutions to include fresh beverage cartons. Together, we are Pactiv Evergreen Inc., the largest manufacturer of foodservice, food merchandising and fresh beverage cartons in North America, with market leading positions across a broad range of products in an essential industry. For more information, check us out online at www.pactivevergreen.com
Pactiv Evergreen is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Pactiv Evergreen is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, religion, creed, age national origin, physical or mental disability, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please call (847)482-4320 or email TalentHelp@Pactiv.com.
All information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Why Join Pactiv Evergreen:
Career development: On the job learning, certification programs, coaching and mentoring, training programs, leadership development and on-line learning
Compensation: competitive wages and monthly performance incentive opportunities
Benefits: our robust benefits package includes health (medical, dental & vision), disability and life insurance along with 401(k) savings plan, various employee discounts, wellness programs and paid time off.
Stability: we are the largest manufacturer of foodservice, food merchandising and fresh beverage cartons in North America. We are an essential component of our nation’s critical food supply chain. In short, we help feed our country!
Packaging And Labeling
Product Quality Assurance