Envision Physician Services is a multispecialty physician group and practice management company. Established in 1953, our organization provides anesthesia, emergency medicine, hospital medicine, radiology, primary/urgent care, surgical services, and women’s and children’s health services to hospitals and health systems nationwide. Sheridan Healthcare, EmCare, Reimbursement Technologies and Emergency Medical Associates have recently joined forces to form Envision Physician Services. As one organization, we now provide a greater scope of service than any other national physician group. Our collective experience from hundreds of local, customized engagements, culture of continuous lean process improvement, and team of experts in the business of healthcare enable us to better solve complex problems and consistently give healthcare organizations confidence in our execution. Our combined organization serves more than 780 healthcare facilities in 48 states and the District of Columbia.
If you are looking for a stable, fast-paced, growing company in the healthcare industry that is committed to innovation, excellence and integrity, then this may be a great next step in the advancement of your career.
We currently have an exciting opportunity available for an experienced Accounts Receivable Representative.
The Reimbursement Specialist is responsible for all assigned contracted and/or non-contracted carriers as well as self-pay accounts to ensure proper payment of claims and/or patient responsibility. Responsibilities
- Researches all assigned contracted and/or non-contracted carrier and self-pay accounts to ensure the proper payment through reports, spreadsheets and special projects as deemed necessary.
- Processes correspondence related to assigned contracted and/or non-contracted carriers including self-pay accounts.
- Work self-pay accounts before aging to CMC. Activate self-pay accounts from collection status (PDA-10) and setting up the accounts when promise of payment is received.
- receive updated workers compensation information from patient's daily and call insurance carrier to verify the claim number and billing address.
- Manage the up-keep of denial reports and ensuring accounts are properly documented.
- Receive customer service calls and assist with one time resolution of accounts received.
- Research denied and improperly processed claims by contacting assigned carriers to insure proper processing of said claims.
- Resubmit improperly paid/denied claims to the carrier for proper payment in a timely manner.
- Identify and correct any claim processing (data entry, verification, coding and/or posting) errors. Ensure accounts are properly documented.
- Submit claims to secondary payers with primary EOB.
- Obtain and archive copies of medical records when required.
- Submit medical records to document bank/off-site and maintain document log.
- Notify Manager/Supervisor of any recurring problem(s).
- Other duties as assigned.
- Reads and abides by the company's code of conduct, ethics statements, employee handbook(s), policies and procedures and other corporate mandates, including participation in mandatory training programs.
- Reports any real or suspected violation of the corporate compliance program, company policies and procedures, harassment or other prohibited activities in accordance with the reporting policies of the company.
- Obtains clarification of policy whenever necessary and may use the resources available through the Compliance, Human Resources or Legal Department to do so.
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED) and 1 or more years of related experience
- Good organizational skills
- Communicate and work well in a team environment
- Meet established production and quality goals/metrics
- Follow up in a timely manner on open items
- Able to effectively prioritize work on a daily basis
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Healthcare Billing System
If you are ready to join an exciting, progressive company and have a strong work ethic, join our team of experts! We offer a highly competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package.
Envision Physician Services uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify.
Envision Physician Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Maintain Indexed Record
Generally Accepted Accounting Principles