About MRIGlobalMRIGlobal, an independent research and development organization, delivers solutions in global health, national security and defense, and energy and the environment. The organization perform scientific research, advanced engineering, and program integration and management for clients in industry, government, and academia. Established in 1944 as Midwest Research Institute, MRIGlobal is based in Kansas City, Mo., and operates in nine states and Washington, D.C. MRIGlobal employs more than 500 and manages 2,600-plus workers through management and operations programs with various clients.
Senior Business Development Director, Countering Weapons of Mass Destruction (CWMD)
The Senior Sales Director meets or exceeds bookings goals; develops, directs and implements business development plans; and conducts sales and marketing activities in their designated business area. Sales and marketing accountabilities are broad and complex. This is a location neutral role, but the majority of the client interactions will be in the Northern Virginia and southern Maryland area and the majority of the technical operations supported are in Kansas City Missouri.
Nature and Scope
The Senior CWMD Sales Director reports to the VP, Sales and Marketing and does not supervise staff members. Expert knowledge in relevant scientific program areas is critical. Significant knowledge of national security and defense, homeland security, cWMD science and technology, and government contract work is required. The Senior Sales Director is responsible for representing MRIGlobal's services and capabilities including bid proposals, bid defenses, and client meetings. The Senior Sales Director will have existing or will be able to develop relationships with government funding decision makers.
Meets or exceeds the quarterly and annual booking goals.
- Secures sufficient Requests for Proposals to meet future booking goals
- Identifies and communicates with appropriate internal scientific and administrative team members necessary to meet the customers' requirements for any and all approved business opportunities
- Acts as high-level liaison between clients, and technical staff; leverages relationships to maximize client base
- Identifies new clients and new opportunities. Meets goals for growth in assigned technical areas
- Coordinates the activities between the customers and MRIGlobal's team (including but not limited to capabilities presentations, bid proposals, bid defenses and client meetings)
- Represents MRIGlobal at assigned scientific meetings
Ability to identify and develop new business opportunities
- Proficient sales and marketing skills and proven record of maintaining business relationships in technical or scientific areas
- Demonstrated understanding of contractual and financial principles and practices necessary to integrate program operations with organization and department objectives
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and strong negotiation skills
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Office products and other business systems. Ability to learn new software/systems
- Ability to obtain and maintain security clearance
- Ability to travel US based as required by marketing and client needs, often on short notice
B.S./B.A. (advanced degree preferred) in Biology, Chemistry, Science, Engineering, Business or a related field and a minimum of 10 years in commercial or government sales roles, preferably in the CRO industry.
Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. In order to meet the government security investigation requirements, U.S. citizenship is a prerequisite.
It is the policy of MRIGlobal to provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other applicable federal or state protected classification.