POSITION TITLE: Senior Student Information Representative
CONTRACT LENGTH: 12M
JOB CODE: AD0395
PAY GRADE: 23
FLSA EXEMPTION STATUS: NE
Job Family - Administration
JOB SUMMARY: Provides diversified data base management and clerical duties for the department. Provides support and training to school-based personnel on a variety of student information systems.
MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
List most important duties first
* Researches, analyzes, and assists school personnel in the identification of data discrepancies in manual and computerized records pertaining to areas such as bilingual/ESL, membership, absences, special populations, dropouts, graduates, discipline, scheduling, grade reporting, and University Interscholastic League.
* Performs student data reviews on required manual documentation to ensure compliance as required by the Texas Education Agency, reports with principals and school data personnel, and informs of any changes, deadlines, and guidelines for PEIMS, PID, and all areas of student data.
* Trains and oversees the actions of data input of school personnel of all phases of attendance accounting, including maintenance of manual records and posting data to computer files, provides computer reports, and helps maintain accurate records.
* Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
EDUCATION: High School Diploma or GED
WORK EXPERIENCE: 3 to 5 years
TYPE OF SKILL AND/OR REQUIRED LICENSING/CERTIFICATION: HTML, Microsoft Office, Chancery Office equipment (e.g., computer, copier) PEIMS, PID
LEADERSHIP RESPONSIBILITIES: No supervisory or direct people management responsibilities. May provide occasional work guidance, technical advice and training to staff.
WORK COMPLEXITY/INDEPENDENT JUDGMENT: Work and tasks are often straightforward, routine, structured and guided by established policies and procedures. Little, if any, independent judgment is required, outside of making basic choices in the selection and application of established methods. The job receives frequent, ongoing supervision.
BUDGET AUTHORITY: No budget development activity is required.
PROBLEM SOLVING: Decisions are made on both routine and non-routine matters with some latitude, but are still subject to approval. Job is occasionally expected to recommend new solutions to problems and improve existing methods or generate new ideas.
IMPACT OF DECISIONS: Follows rules and procedures. Decisions can have minimal or no impact to HISD. Errors can be readily detected, usually by the employee, and, if made, would result in minor expense for correction.
COMMUNICATION/INTERACTIONS: Information sharing - gives and receives information such as options, technical direction, instructions and reporting results. Interactions are mostly with customers, own supervisor and coworkers in own and other departments.
CUSTOMER RELATIONSHIPS: Takes routine or required customer actions to meet customer needs. Responds promptly and accurately to customer complaints, inquiries and requests for information and coordinates appropriate follow-up. May handle escalated issues passed on from coworkers or subordinates.
WORKING/ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS: Work is normally performed in a typical interior work environment which does not subject the employee to any hazardous or unpleasant elements. Ability to carry and/or lift less than 15 pounds.
- Audio Equipments
- Customer Demand Planning
- Customer Relationship Management
- Information Sharing