To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Northfield, MN 55057
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
CDL Class A Delivery Truck Driver Trainee
McLane Company • Northfield, MN
Posted 1 month ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
JOB SUMMARY/GENERAL DESCRIPTION:
- Average pay: $18-$22 per hour during training; $70,000 per year after training.
- Fully paid CDL-A training and guaranteed employment as a McLane Driver.
- Day 1 benefits such as medical, dental, and vision insurance and company-paid life insurance.
- 401(k) begins after 90 days, and McLane matches your contribution annually.
- Home time: You'll be home daily during training, then you'll follow the regular route driver schedule for your location after training.
Our Driver Academy Full Program pays for your CDL-A driving school and training to become a route-ready McLane Driver teammate. While you are in training, you will gain exposure to warehouse and operational functions and be paid an hourly rate for your time at work AND school. When you finish CDL-A school, you will then be paired with a McLane Driver Trainer to earn your miles and learn the McLane way of delivering exceptional service and support to our customers. Upon completion of your training you will be considered a route-ready driver, eligible for route and vacation bids.
Becoming a McLane teammate is to become part of an honest, stable, and reliable company with 125 years of success. We are looking for teammates with perseverance who will take the extra step for our customers, our community, and the company. In return, we will pay you well and offer you the opportunity to go as far in your career as you want to go.
McLane drivers do much more than drive. Although that is an important part of the job, being the face of our company to our customers is your primary role. You are the person they see week after week. You will develop strong relationships that create value and trust with our customers. The variety of tasks you will perform on each route will ensure you are never bored. You will deliver and unload products safely and on time to multiple stops along each route.
- Stack and sort delivered goods.
- Pick up merchandise as needed.
- Check vehicle and equipment pre- and post-trip.
- Check load inventories against invoice for accuracy.
- Unload product with via ramp and hand cart or electric lift gate and pallet jack.
- Secure empty pallets in trailer.
- Maintain the cleanliness of your truck.
- Return equipment to its storage location after use.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
WORK SAFE HOME SAFE is one of our mottos at McLane Company. Your safety and ability to do your job and get home to your family is why all prospective teammates participate in a pre-hire screening process.
- Be at least 21 years of age.
- Have a high school diploma or a GED.
- Meet McLane's MVR and risk rating qualifications.
- Be committed to providing excellent customer service.
- Be able to lift and move product and pallets which may weigh up to 75 pounds.
- Undergo pre-employment screenings, including a background check and a drug test.