For more than 30 years, ERC has been delivering the advantage needed to solve our customers’ and the nation’s toughest challenges. A trusted partner to the Defense and Space communities. We provide the advanced engineering, innovative technology, and subject-matter expertise to deliver the mission results our customers need to keep the nation safe and secure. Our unique solutions enhance readiness, optimize performance, and help ensure success in the air, on the ground and in space.
An essential part of our success is our corporate culture built on respect, empowerment, and collaboration. Our culture elevates our people, ensuring they provide best-in-class service and solutions to our customers. We always strive to do the right thing. We believe that are our people are our best asset and human connection our greatest strength.
Our ~2,000 employees work on the most critical missions in the U.S. Army, U.S. Air Force (USAF), NASA, and Missile Defense Agency (MDA). We provide support for Test and Evaluation (T&E), Modeling & Simulation, Agile Software Development, Systems Engineering, and more. Our teams’ current projects range from engineering and logistics support for vital space hardware to platform and weapons modeling, simulation, and engineering.
Check us out on [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Trajectory Design & Data Engineer (ADV0003IB) - ERC
The Trajectory Design and Data Engineer will join our team with ERC, a JETS teammate company.
What you’ll do all day:
- Provide trajectory products supporting spacecraft mission design & analysis for future human spaceflight missions such as Artemis and/or the Human Landing System
- Perform trajectory optimization runs to characterize vehicle performance and mission availability for a variety of scenarios
- Prepare work summaries, presentations, and reports as required
- Assist in software development and scripting of spacecraft trajectory design and optimization tools
- Develop, integrate, and test new algorithms for evaluation of vehicle and mission performance
- Write post-processing routines to analyze output data, determine mission viability, and determine solution methods
- Assist with software development of the Copernicus trajectory optimization tool
- Perform other duties as required
You will love this job if you:
- Are a self-starter and require little oversight to complete given tasks
- Enjoy a fast-paced work environment
- Love working with diverse groups of individuals, including engineers and technicians
- Are good at communicating with people
- Have a positive attitude
- Enjoy multitasking
Minimum requirements for this position:
This position has been posted at multiple levels. Depending on the candidate's experience, requirements, and business needs, we reserve the right to consider candidates at any level for which this position has been advertised.
- BS degree in engineering from an accredited engineering school and a minimum of ten (10) years of direct engineering experience, or a MS degree from an accredited engineering school and eight (8) years of direct engineering experience, or Ph.D. degree and four (4) years direct engineering experience
- Expertise in big data / database infrastructure (>10 TB data storage) and programming
- Experience with big data analysis such as SQL queries and forming digestible reports from >1 TB dataset
- Experience with big data programming tools such as SQL/SQLite/MySQL/PostgreSQL, MongoDB, Rust, Go, Hadoop, PySpark, SquashFS
- Experience with programming and scripting languages such as Fortran, Python, and/or C++.
- Ability to independently devise solutions to complex engineering problems by their own efforts and by soliciting inputs from other technical experts
- Ability to organize and prioritize tasks to meet deadlines and schedules with limited supervision
- Excellent oral and written communication skills to effectively interact with customers and management at all levels.
Desired skills and experience for this position:
- Computer Science degree with minor in Aerospace Engineering
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science and Master's degree in Aerospace Engineering (or vice versa)
- Experience with data pipelines (automation of data management using tools like Gitlab, CI, Jenkins) and/or data interfaces (web app/tools for end users to interact with stored data)
- Experience with orbital mechanics and/or spacecraft mission design
- Experience with spacecraft trajectory optimization, including use of software tools such as Copernicus, GMAT, MONTE, STK, and/or FreeFlyer
What we offer:
- Competitive salaries.
- Continuing education assistance.
- Professional development allotment.
- Multiple healthcare benefit packages.
- 401K with employer matching.
- Paid time off (PTO) along with federally recognized holiday schedule.
- Apache Hadoop
- Big Data
- Business Requirements
- C++ (Programming Language)