LOCATION 91-5431 Kapolei Parkway, Suite 1700 Kapolei HI 96707
JOB SUMMARY -
The Group X Coach creates an inviting, inspiring and motivating group exercise experience through delivering pre-choreographed or freestyle group exercise programs to members and guests.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILTIES Estimated % of Role
* Coach pre-choreographed or freestyle group sessions and classes to a wide variety of members at varying fitness levels in person or via virtual technology.
* Present group sessions and classes in a way that makes members feel welcomed, encouraged and challenged.
* Ensure group sessions and classes are delivered with high quality and safe for all fitness levels by educating members on safe techniques and guidelines.
* Increase member attendance through strong teaching skills and ability to connect with and motivate others.
* Must maintain an average of Coaching at least 2 classes per week
* Deliver exceptional customer services for members and guests through positive interactions before and after group session or class.
* Handle member concerns or direct to appropriate club management.
* Report broken equipment and maintenance needs to club management.
* Recruits new members to join classes.
* Start and finish group session and class on time as scheduled.
* Deliver on the Service Promise of Clean, Friendly and Well Maintained Club by organizing equipment and assisting with maintaining a clean and organized club.
* Find appropriate substitutes for group session or class coverage by following company policy and guidelines.
* Maintain a strong social media presence to attract new participants to class, special events, etc.
* Attend staff meetings on occasion as required. 5%
This position reports to the club Fitness Manager/Supervisor and interacts with all club staff, members and guests.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
* Knowledge of safe exercise techniques and principles.
* Strong communication skills and ability to connect with a wide variety of people.
* Enthusiastic and energetic approach to creating a community feel within a group session or class.
* Passion for fitness and helping others achieve health and wellness goals.
Minimum Educational Level/Certifications
* Current approved group exercise primary certification for taught format.
* High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
Minimum Work Experience and Qualifications
* Previous group exercise instruction experience is preferred.
Physical Demands/ Environmental Conditions
* Physical effort required for daily duties includes lifting weights, squatting, bending, reaching, hopping, jumping, kicking and prolonged standing and walking.
* While performing the duties of this job the team member is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts.
* The noise level in the environment is occasionally loud.
* Ability to work weekends and holidays as needed to support the business.
FUNCTIONAL GROUP Fitness
- Coaching And Mentoring
- Customer Service
- Event Management