Accounts Receivable ClerkCompensation:
$18.00 to $20.00 hourly
Accountemps is seeking an Accounts Receivable (A/R) Clerk. There is a job opening with great career growth potential and a great benefits package in this quickly growing accounting team. The Accounts Receivable Clerk will enter, post and reconcile batches, research and resolve customer A/R issues, prepare aging report, place billing and collection calls, maintain cash receipts journal, update, and reconcile sub-ledger to G/L. Candidates who are self-starters and who have high attention to detail will be the best fit for this Accounts Receivable Clerk position, since they will handle 200+ invoices a week. This is a long-term temporary Accounts Receivable Clerk position and is based in the Farmington Hills, Michigan area.
How you will make an impact
- Compile segments of monthly closings and annual reports and take care of payments in compliance with GAAP
- Corroborate documents and codes
- Perform a variety of basic accounting tasks in accordance with standard procedures, including general accounting tasks
- Pinpoint delinquent customer accounts through various means, including skip-tracing, phone contact, written correspondence, and make arrangements for payment
- Settle bank accounts, posting and balancing financial data in a variety of ledgers
- Offer information to shippers, customers, the sales/marketing department and other stakeholders
- Communicate, reinforce, and support the values, culture, and mission of the organization
- Assist in setting up payment plans; contact clients to help resolve payment issues
- Accounts Receivable (AR) experience desired
- Deep understanding of cash posting
- Adeptness in Microsoft Excel
- ERP system experience
- 2+ years of relevant experience in accounts receivable
- AA or BS/BA degree in Accounting or related field
- Attention to detail and ability to follow standard procedures is a requirement
This position can start immediately so do not delay!
Accountemps matches highly skilled professionals with accounting finance jobs at the best companies on a temporary and temporary-to-hire basis. Our mission is to provide you with a rewarding finance or accounting job that is well matched to your professional skills – helping you to advance in your career. Our experience, combined with the resources of our worldwide network of offices, makes Accountemps a great resource for your career. We offer excellent opportunities to find temporary accounting and finance jobs for all experience levels. From accounting clerks and bookkeepers to accounts payable and staff accountants, we can provide you unparalleled access to exciting career opportunities. But don't take our word for it. Our company has appeared on Fortune® magazine’s list of “World's Most Admired Companies” since 1998, and 9 out of 10 of our customers would recommend our service to a colleague.
Contact your local Accountemps office at 888.490.3195 or visit www.accountemps.com to apply for this job now or find out more about other job opportunities.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. All applicants applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.
© 2019 Accountemps. An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veterans
Generally Accepted Accounting Principles