As a Home Health Speech Language Pathologist
, you will:
- Evaluate, direct and provide speech/language pathology service to patients in the home or facility
- Participate in the development and periodic review of the Plan of Treatment and Plan of Care.
- Utilize professional skills and judgment in assessing and treating disorders of speech, voice, language, hearing and swallowing to prevent, identify, evaluate and minimize the effects of such disorders and conditions.
- Administer and interpret diagnostic tests and applications of therapeutic treatments including audio logic screening.
- Observe, record and report changes in the patient's condition and response to treatment to supervisor and/or the physician.
- Provide instruction and training to patients in use of alternative communication systems when appropriate.
- Provide counsel and instruction to patients, families and healthcare staff.
- Maintain and submit documentation as required by the Company and/or facility. Prepare and submit timely written reports of evaluations, visits, summaries, care plans, care coordination activities and progress reports as required by Company policy.
- Participate in care coordination activities and discharge planning.
- Maintain the highest standards of professional conduct in relation to information that is confidential in nature. Share information only when the recipient's right to access is clearly established and the sharing of such information is clearly in the best interests of the patient.
- Attend, participate in and/or conduct internal staff development programs, obtain continuing education as required by Company policy, regulation.
Together, we can raise the bar on home healthcare
- Meet the education and experience requirements for Certification of Clinical Competence in Speech-Language Pathology or Audiology granted by ASHA
- Minimum of six months experience as a speech therapist / speech-language pathologist
- Home Health experience a plus
- Current and unrestricted license
- Current CPR certification
- Good organizational and communication skills
- This role requires full COVID-19 vaccination
CenterWell™ Home Health (formerly Kindred at Home), is one of the nation's leading providers of home care, with an incredible team of compassionate clinicians who deliver high-quality, specialty care to patients. Many of our clinicians live in the same neighborhoods they serve - providing the much-needed care to people in their community.
As a company, we strive to lead by example and show employees the same compassion and care we expect them to show patients. We provide employees the resources, stability, and job flexibility they truly deserve. We help them fulfill their personal and professional goals while enjoying industry-leading benefits, competitive salaries, opportunities for career and professional growth, and a healthy work/life balance.Part of Humana's Home Solution business
CenterWell Home Health cares for nearly 80,000 patients every day in over 350 locations, across 38 states. As part of Humana Inc., we create experiences that put patients at the center, working in collaboration with healthcare providers to bring multidisciplinary care directly to the comfort and safety of home. The result is easy, comprehensive and personalized care that helps patients lead healthier, happier lives.Caring for people who care for our patients
Experience has shown us that supporting and nurturing employees helps them become the best version of themselves and more compassionate, committed home health professionals. That's why CenterWell Home Health never stops working to improve the employee experience. Our people are our greatest resource, and we are committed to creating an environment they enjoy stepping into every day.World-class employee benefits
Join Our Team!
- Competitive pay and benefits package
- 50% matching 401(k) contributions up to 6%
- Career advancement opportunities
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Advanced Continuing Education (CE) accredited training
Check out our video to get a glimpse of a day in the life of our Home Health team - Home HealthTo learn more, please contact your local recruiter at (toll-free)
855-563-2846 or apply online. Our Recruiters are ready to help you start a new and rewarding career with CenterWell Home Health.
- Care Coordination
- Clinical Works
- Diagnostic Tests