To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Fort Dix, NJ
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
25M Multimedia Illustrator
Army National Guard • Fort Dix, NJ
Posted 18 hours ago
Age Requirements: Must be between the ages of 17 and 35
Your artistic abilities will shine when you join the Army National Guard as a Multimedia Illustrator. These Soldiers are primarily responsible for operating multimedia imaging equipment in order to produce visual displays and documents such as training manuals, newspapers, and reports, as well as promotional materials including signs, charts, posters, television, and motion picture productions. These projects require the use of professionally developed artwork, and your talents could help make an impact in the military.
Your training will enable you to assume duties that include supervising, planning, or operating multimedia imaging equipment in order to produce various kinds of visual displays and documents. Some of your duties may include: creating illustrations, layouts, map overlays, posters, graphs, and charts; producing computer-generated graphics; developing ideas, and designing posters and signs; designing artwork for training courses; developing animation; working with television and film producers to design backdrops and props for film sets; and performing maintenance on assigned equipment.
Some of the Skills You’ll Learn
• Introduction to graphics, lettering, drawing, and layout techniques
• Illustration and television graphic techniques
• Theory and use of color
• Interest in artwork or lettering
• Ability to convert ideas into visual presentations
• Neatness and an eye for detail
Through your training, you will develop the skills and experience to enjoy a civilian career as a graphic designer or illustrator with government agencies, advertising agencies, Web design firms, print shops, or engineering firms.
Earn While You Learn
Instead of paying to learn these skills, get paid to learn. In the Army National Guard, you will learn these valuable job skills while earning a regular paycheck and qualifying for tuition assistance.
Job training for a Multimedia Illustrator consists of 10 weeks of Basic Training, where you’ll learn basic Soldiering skills, and 13 weeks of Advanced Individual Training (AIT) and on-the-job instruction, including practice in preparing graphic designs and illustrations. Part of this time is spent in the classroom and part in the field.
- Paid training
- A monthly paycheck
- Montgomery GI Bill
- Federal and State tuition assistance
- Retirement benefits for part-time service
- Low-cost life insurance (up to $400,000 in coverage)
- 401(k)-type savings plan
- Student Loan Repayment Program (up to $50,000, for existing loans)
- Health care benefits available
- VA home loans
- Bonuses, if applicable
- Most non-prior service candidates will earn between $200 and $250 per drill weekend, subject to change
- Military enlistment in the Army National Guard
- Must be at least a junior in high school, or have a high school diploma or a GED certificate
- Must be between the ages of 17 and 35
- Must be able to pass a physical exam and meet legal and moral standards
- Must meet citizenship requirements (see NATIONALGUARD.com for details)
Requires military enlistment. Programs and benefits are subject to change. Ask your Army National Guard recruiter for the most up-to-date information. Actual MOS assignment may depend on MOS availability.
This position may qualify for a bonus, ask your National Guard recruiter for the most up-to-date information.