We are searching for an Inside Sales Representative to work in our Segrest Division. This location can be based in of Gibsonton, Florida or Atlanta, Georga. This position is primarily responsible for the revenue growth through the achievement of sales results as measured against weekly & monthly performance goals. The Sales Representative is expected to conduct themselves as a sales professional, expert in the methods of consultative selling techniques, who cultivates new business, manages relationships with their existing customer base and is constantly seeking new opportunities for growth. The account type for this position will primarily be focused on small pet store businesses in the United States. If you find your skills match the qualifications we are seeking below, we invite you to apply for this position!
At Central Garden & Pet (NASDAQ: CENT and CENTA), we believe home is at the center of our lives, and our employees are driven by our purpose to nurture happy and healthy homes. Our company is made up of thousands of people across North America, with an emerging footprint across the U.K., Mexico, China and Canada - all dedicated to helping gardens bloom bigger, pets live healthier and communities grow stronger. We are united by our mission to lead the future of the garden and pet industries…one blade of grass and one wagging tail at a time. Visit our website at www.central.com to learn more.
MEASURES OF SUCCESS
- Conducting research on a daily basis to locate potential prospects and identify industry trends by using resources available through the internet, trade publications, trade organizations, associations, or other reliable means of identifying prospective customers.
- Effectively interface internally with other sales team members, members of our purchasing team, customer service and operations teams in order to communicate with our customer base the scope of details related to our daily business flow.
- Develop a detailed knowledge of our inventory and services based on the needs of the customer or prospect.
- Willingness to hunt for new business and opportunities.
- Maintain punctual and regular attendance for scheduled work hours.
IDEAL CANDIDATE ATTRIBUTES
- Proficient computer skills in MS Office and willingness to advance skills.
- Sales experience and passion from past opportunities within the tropical fish industry as well as on a hobbyist level.
- Extreme comfort level in a call center environment
- Highly organized and efficient.
- Capable of working in a fast-paced environment.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
- Office environment.
- Work week is Monday through Friday.
- Sitting in an office chair for long hours.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Customer Service
- Interpersonal Skills
- Selling Techniques
- Revenue Growth
- Consultative Selling