Job Posting Title:
Maintenance Mechanic - 2nd & 3rd shift
This position is responsible for the set-up, adjustment, maintenance and repair of machinery and mechanical equipment used in the production facility. Ability to perform preventive maintenance, repairs to equipment, troubleshooting, teaching, completion of assigned tasks with minimal supervision.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Observes machines and equipment in order to diagnose malfunctions.
- Inspects and measures parts to detect wear, misalignment or other problems.
- Adjusts functional parts of machine devices and control instruments, which includes change-over to new sizes and running adjustments to maintain maximum production and quality in supporting all manufacturing needs.
- Performs preventive maintenance checks. Records all data as assigned.
- Cleans and lubricates shafts, bearings, gears and other parts of machinery as needed.
- Removes and replaces worn or defective parts of drive mechanism or hydraulic system, returning all unused parts to the parts room, disposing of defective parts, and returning shop tools to the tool room in a neat and orderly fashion.
- Starts machines and equipment to test operation following repairs and maintenance.
- Performs all tasks in accordance with GMP's, company policies and procedures.
- Reviews downtime reports from production lines and develops corrective plans with Maintenance Supervisor.
- Safely and accurately perform all duties as required for this position to ensure the safety and quality of our products.
- All other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent required.
- Maintenance Entrance Exam Required. Must be able to demonstrate knowledge of motors, pneumatic tools, conveyor systems, programmable controllers, basic electric skills, as well as the desire to continue to improve ability and knowledge of existing and new equipment.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills.
- 3-5 years maintenance experience preferred.
- Experience in a packaging operation that includes glass and plastic containers preferred.
- Must have the ability to use hand tools and trade-type tools; good motor coordination necessary.
- Proven record of ability to handle equipment safely, sensibly and maturely.
- Detail oriented, with the ability to make sensitive adjustments in equipment.
- Must be team-oriented with the ability to work with others and without direct supervision.
- Must be able to drive a forklift and be willing to obtain a forklift certification preferred.
- Must be dependable, reliable and mature enough to handle equipment safely and sensibly.
- Ability to follow verbal and written instruction, as well as basic math calculations.
- Must be able to work independently as well as effectively in a team environment.
- Must be able to work on all lines and perform all positions, including changeovers.
- Must be able to work mandatory overtime, including Saturdays/Sundays, as determined by business needs.
- Experience in manufacturing or distribution preferred.
- Experience working with manufacturing equipment preferred.
- Mechanical aptitude.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Must be able to perform the following: standing, climbing, pulling, and or pushing, carrying, grasping, reaching, twisting, turning and stooping.
- Ability to walk and/or stand for extended periods of time.
- Good physical condition with the ability to lift up to 50 lbs frequently.
Environmental, Health and Safety Requirements:
- Must wear all required personal protection equipment associated with specific manufacturing work environment and job duties as stated in the Employee Handbook, posted policies, or as assigned by leadership personnel.
- Maintain clean and safe working environment and follow all safety policies and procedures, such as lock out/tag out, safe lifting techniques, and all others as instructed.
- Inform Management of any food safety or quality issues or of any processes which become noncompliant with specified requirements.
- Notify supervision of any repairs or adjustments that are required.
- Understand, observe, and comply with the handling and usage of the color-coded container policy while in the Production Areas.
- Perform all duties necessary to meet Company, Customer and/or Government requirements/standards as prioritized by the Company.
- Ability to initiate action to prevent the occurrence of nonconformities relating to Food Safety and the Quality of the product, processes, quality system, or safety system.
- Identify and record any problems relating to Food Safety and the Quality of the ingredients, processes, quality system, or safety system.
- Controls further processing or delivery of nonconforming product in terms of Food Safety and Quality issues until the deficiency or unsatisfactory condition has been corrected.
- In the event of absence, another employee with the same skill level will assume the duties and responsibilities as required.
TreeHouse Foods is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including those with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to URL blocked - click to apply. In your email please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting and a description of the position for which you are applying.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.