To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
1600 Spearhead Division Avenue
Fort Knox, KY 40121
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Financial Analyst/Billiing Clerk
Catapult Learning • Fort Knox, KY
Posted 1 month ago
Accounting Clerk II -Financial Analyst-(SCA position, Non-Exempt)
Catapult Patriot LLC has an immediate need for an Accounting Clerk II in Fort Knox, Kentucky.
Typical duties include: The contractor shall provide functional support by assisting the Budget Chief with administration of financial assistance management especially in the area of recoupment and refund processing.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Review monthly financial reports to determine if any line item records have been flagged for
possible recoupment activities within the required timelines.
- Provide written research and recommendations to the SME.
- Process refunds received from educational instituitions/vendors.
- Process incoming mail and email to include logging and cataloging all incoming checks.
- Research the reason for refund being received.
- Submit written action recommendation to the SME NLT 30 calendar days after receipt of check or request for refund.
- Process decision (reject/return or accept and process) NLT five workdays.
- Document in file and catalog process in accordance with Army policy guidance.
- Perform inspections of reimbursement checks processed from educational
institutions/vendors to ensure compliance with Government procedures, to include a properly documented audit trail and file completed documents.
- Recommend and draft changes to standard operating procedures/guidelines to the Government
- The Contractor shall process refunds to Soldiers.
- Receive reports from DFAS (the approval has been received before it shows in the report).
- Provide clarification, guidance and answer questions that come in through the CRM tool.
- Prepare SF-1081 form or other appropriate documentation and package, with all required background information, NLT three workdays.
- Route SF-1081 form to the SME for signatures and track through the process NLT three
workdays after receipt of DFAS report (allowed for this activity).
Submit approved package to appropriate agency electronically for processing NLT one workday of final signature. File completed documents.
- Process Government Purchase Card (GPC) exemptions from educational institutions and other educational entities.
- Research to determine eligibility NLT three workdays after receiving request.
- Track and notify educational institution/vendor appropriately of SME GPC exemptions decisions NLT three workdays of release of decision.
- Prepare and send standardized letters for educational institutions/vendors that receive approved GPC exemptions NLT three workdays after receiving request.
- NLT three workdays after completing eligibility determination, draft denial recommendation with justification statements, based on approval policy from Government Program Manager, for the Government Program Manager.
- Upon request from an educational institution/vendor with current GPC exemption, generate and distribute a standardized renewal letters to the educational institution/entity NLT three workdays after request is approved by the Government Program Manager.
- Interface with Army staff agencies, including, but not limited to: the HRC Offices, Defense Finance and Accounting System (DFAS), and other Army and Government agencies. Also, shall interface with other organizations affiliated with ACED.
- Provide functional support in processing invoices/SF182’s for payment.
- Complete review of Government assigned invoices/SF182’s for accuracy and/or errors NLT (acceptable) 10 workdays/ (prefer) less than seven workdays. Route all invoices with errors to the Government Billing Official for resolution.
- Daily, run the Invoice Validation and Verification (IV&V) report and validate individual line item charges for accuracy and validity. Record all findings on the system tracker, or government provided report and log findings on the actual hardcopy invoice then forward to government billing official for final review.
- Daily assists educational institutions/vendors on proper invoice/SF182 submission and filing.
- Daily, reconcile discrepancies by researching - to include contacting the educational institution,
- vendor, or the Soldier - submitted invoices or SF 182’s. Record all findings on the system tracker or government provided report and log findings on the actual hardcopy invoice then forward to government billing official for final review.
- Daily, input educational institution/vendor pay data.
- Daily, handle educational institution/vendor inquiries.
- Serve as a POC for customers. Consult by telephone and by email with Soldiers receiving
- activities, contractor/vendors, and a variety of other Government and outside agency personnel.
- Assist in submitting invoices/SF182’s, recommending rejection of invoices and SF182’s and
Army cost reductions.
- Provide clarification, guidance and answers regarding GoArmyEd invoicing/SF182 process,
CRM issues and other specific items to the customer NLT three workdays of request.
- Consistently select appropriate, and accurately apply relevant guidelines and rules/regulations.
- Consult with SME personnel concerning contents of files, records, and possible data source to
- develop adequate recommendations to support allowing or disallowing transactions.
- Recommend process improvements to government to enhance future invoice/SF182 tracking systems.
- Provide a detailed justification when recommending disallowing payment to the Government
- SME NLT (acceptable) 12 workdays/ (prefer) less than seven workdays.
- Work with Microsoft Office Suite to produce professional, accurate documents as needed.
- Support the workplace climate treating everyone with honesty, dignity, and respect, free from harassment and discrimination
- Promote customer satisfaction of customers by providing expertise to serve the soldiers and customers with professional and helpful service.
- Accurately identify and resolve issues by interpreting laws, rules, regulations and other information sources within program guidelines.
- Promote the achievement of business results in a timely manner; carefully, thoroughly and accurately within the established guidelines.
- Use proper workload management and time utilization techniques.
- The incumbent is assigned duties according to specified procedure and receives detailed instructions. Work is checked frequently.
- Other duties as assigned.
The qualified candidate will have at least two years of office and customer service experience, to include strong skills with MS Office products. Employees shall have working knowledge of the Department of Defense and other education programs and services, government acronyms, and military unique procedures. Employees hall have capability to research records and communicate the findings both orally and in writing. Proficiency in MS Office, Internet Explorer, Adobe Acrobat/Pro and other general office related software is required. Knowledge of office computer skills is required for all contractor positions.
- Minimum HS Diploma or GED required
- Understanding of military concepts and procedures required. Wounded Warriors, veterans, and retirees preferred.
- Experience: 2-3 years in relevant work or previous experience with GoArmyEd program is preferred.
- Must maintain a driver’s license.