To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Mission Viejo, CA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Technical Revenue Senior Accountant or Manager - Ensign Services
Ensign Services • Mission Viejo, CA
Posted 22 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Ensign Services, Inc. is seeking a Senior Accountant or Manager to play a key role in our growing company, as it serves the needs of our rapidly-expanding heath care services client base across the United States. Qualified candidates will have a minimum of 4+ years of public accounting experience. CPA certification is a plus. The Senior Accountant or Manager will have a variety of responsibilities in the areas of revenue close and financial analysis. This position is based in our Mission Viejo, California Service Center.
We are the National Leader in a Stable, Growing Industry!
Ensign Services, Inc. is the most progressive company in the dynamic healthcare services field today, serving over 215 long-term care facilities , 40+ home health and hospice agencies, and other affiliated entities with over 20,000 employees in fourteen states. These operations have no corporate headquarters or traditional management hierarchy. Instead, they operate independently with support from the shared "Service Centers", a world-class service team that provides the centralized clinical, legal, risk management, HR, training, accounting, IT and other resources necessary to allow on-site leaders and caregivers to focus squarely on day-to-day care and business issues in their individual operations.
What sets Ensign Services apart from other companies is the quality of our most valuable resource-our people. On a daily basis, we focus on living out our Culture:
- C – Celebration
- A – Accountability
- P – Passion for Learning
- L – Love One Another
- I – Intelligent Risk Taking
- C – Customer Second
- O – Ownership
The incorporation of these principles at all levels of our organization allows our employees to feel valued and excited about their impact on the operational partners and service center team members. Our culture fosters excellence personally and professionally and promotes development that leads to continued success.
The Senior Accountant or Manager is very important in our organization.
Job Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Work closely with the Contracts Department and General Ledger Accounting teams to determine revenue recognition and project profitability
- Calculate monthly revenue adjustments and prepare journal entries in accordance with GAAP
- Provide top-level of customer service to operation leaders, including detailed feedback on their performance in special programs and its impact on their financials
- Assist in analyzing payer daily rates and prepare monthly reports
- Collaborate with IT in implementing efficiency in revenue processes, including creating and maintaining excel models
- Research state and federal healthcare programs for the application of financial forecasting
- Proactively research new accounting guidance and determine their impact on the Company
- Enjoy working with large data sets and link cause and affect relationships across multiple platforms
- Work with external auditors to ensure communication of accurate and timely information for quarterly reviews and annual audits
- Take ownership of responsibilities and be able to document detailed workflow
Qualified candidates must have:
- Bachelor degree in Accounting or Finance required
- 4+ years of experience in a public accounting firm required
- Knowledgeable of GAAP revenue recognition rules
- Have full understanding of the revenue cycle, including revenue recognition, accounts receivable functions and bad deb calculation
- Skilled in Microsoft Excel at an intermediate-level and are comfortable with pivot tables, vlookups and multi-variable functions
- Customer service-oriented
- High level of organization and attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Understanding of internal controls (SOX requirements)
- Highly motivated to grow with the Company
- Healthcare background a plus
This full time, salaried position is based at the Mission Viejo Service Center:
Ensign Services, Inc.
27101 Puerta Real
Mission Viejo, CA 92691
We are committed to providing a competitive Total Rewards Package that meets our employees’ needs.
From a choice of medical, dental and vision plans to retirement savings opportunities through a 401(k), company match and various other features, we offer a comprehensive benefits package. We believe in great work and we celebrate our employees’ efforts and accomplishments both locally and companywide, recognizing people daily through our Moments of Truth Program. In addition to recognition we believe in supporting our employee’s professional growth and development. We provide employees a wide range of free e-courses through our Learning Management System as well as training sessions and seminars.
For more details, please go to www.ensignbenefits.com
The location for this position is as follows:
The Ensign Services, Inc.
27101 Puerta Real, Suite 450
Mission Viejo, CA 92691
If interested in this position, please submit a resume and cover letter for consideration. We look forward to hearing from you!
The employer for this position is stated in the job posting. Ensign Services, Inc. provides recruiting services for operations in the skilled nursing, assisted living, home health and hospice industries.