To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Woodbury | US, NJ
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Retail Sales Representative - Woodbury, NJ
General Mills Inc. • Woodbury | US, NJ
Posted 21 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
General Mills is reshaping the future of food. We believe food makes us better. It nourishes our bodies, brings us joy and connects us to each other. As one of the world's leading food companies, General Mills operates in more than 100 countries and markets more than 100 consumer brands, including Cheerios, Nature Valley, Betty Crocker, Yoplait, Annie's Homegrown, Old El Paso, Epic Provisions, Blue Buffalo and more. Are you passionate about the future of food? You've come to the right table. We want the very best talent to help lead something big.Functional Overview Responsibilities
Many General Mills products are already #1 or #2 in their categories, and our sales professionals continue to help us gain market share. As part of our retail team you will sell established brands, introduce new products and work to gain displays in retailer stores.
Successful sales employees showcase:
- Ability to influence others
- Passionate about people, sales and results.
- Creative thinker willing to suggest new ideas and encourage innovation
- Ability to learn technology quickly
- Ability to Build Displays in store
Retails Sales Representatives are responsible for:
- Sell incremental inventory to support account ads, seasonal events, company priorities, consumer coupon drops (FSIs), and in-store coupon demos
- Use supplemental labor where applicable to drive incremental or permanent displays
- Leverage event Point-of-Sale (POS) to sell incremental displays
- Maintain GMI distribution standards within specified territory
- Place new items into marketplace within GMI timeframe
- Place POS or shelf trays based as needed
- Verify resets are completed timely and properly; utilize supplemental labor resource as needed
- Report pricing discrepancies to the proper account team and your manager
- Report information you find on our key competitors and categories
- Maintaining optimum retail coverage patterns
- Maintaining updated and accurate records
- Ensuring confidentiality of all proprietary GMI data and materials
- Must live within 30 miles of Woodbury, NJ (zip codes 08096, 08037)
- High School diploma/equivalent
- Proficient with tablet (iPad), computer (Microsoft knowledge preferred) and printers
- Valid driver's license with a satisfactory driving record
- Ability to lift 20 pounds throughout the day
- One year of relevant work experience
- Bachelor’s degree