To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Roanoke, VA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Outage Coordinator (Power/Electrical)
Apex Systems • Roanoke, VA
Posted 1 month ago
Outage Coordinator (Power/Electrical Industry)
Terms: Long Term Contract (full-time hours)
Location: Roanoke, Virginia
This role will require station experience. We are looking for someone with at least a 2 year engineering technical degree. This seems to very beneficial when training the technical aspects of the job. Project and Control experience would be a plus for back up purposes.
Responsible for scheduling pre-determined work activities of Transmission field personnel. Provide front end loaded schedules as well as completed ready to execute resource loaded schedules that optimize the maintenance work plans, capital work plans and other TFS work activities. Manage TFS outage requests, including entering outages into TOA and verifying that all required outages have been entered. Maintain in-depth knowledge of scheduling software and upgrades to the software.
1. With guidance, develop fully integrated resource loaded and levelized TFS work schedules that optimize maintenance work plans, capital outage work, and other TFS work activities using Transmission approved scheduling software and tools.
2. Comply with the Transmission Outage Management Strategy System (TOMSS) Business Rules and Processes.
3. Manage TFS outage requests, including entering outages into TOA or its successor, verifying that all required outages have been entered, and ensuring that all outage requests are approved by TOps.
4. Assist in organizing, coordinating and attending the TOMSS outage coordination meetings.
5. Coordinate changes to the work schedule when an outage needs to be canceled or rescheduled.
6. Assist in prioritizing outage reservations to optimize the benefit to the company both in reliability and earnings.
7. Develop, review, and present statistical reports related to work scheduling and adherence, crew utilization, etc.
8. Coordinate and conduct meetings with other sections/departments covering scheduling, staffing and outages.
9. Promote professionalism, teamwork, and adherence to standards.
Bachelor Degree in a related technical field such as Engineering, Engineering Technology, Construction Management and 3 years’ experience; or an Associate Degree in a related technical field and 6 years’ experience; or high school diploma and 10 years utility field experience. Prefers a 2 year Engineering Technical degree.
Candidates with a Bachelor Degree in a Business field, such as Accounting, Finance or Management will be accepted if they have at least 5 years of maintenance work scheduling or construction project scheduling experience or other relevant project controls experience.
1) Proficient with MS Office Tools and MS SharePoint. Stay current on technology enhancements and procedures and make suggestions for change
2) Ability to read and interpret one line station diagrams and transmission line switching diagrams.
3) Aptitude to understand switching, tagging and clearance points.
4) Demonstrate knowledge of zones of protection.
5) Ability to estimate resource requirements for typical TFS projects (construction and maintenance).
6) Must possess the ability to communicate effectively.
7) Good organizational skills.
8) Ability to work effectively with others to prioritize work.
9) Able to work under minimal supervision.
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178