Palm Springs Treatment Center dba Michael's House
, The Addictions Division of UHS, Inc. is the premier provider of integrated treatment for co-occurring addiction and mental health concerns, offering residential and outpatient services nationwide. At each facility, we focus on patient-centered care and an individualized approach, upholding a high standard of innovative treatment and compassionate attention to each patient's needs. We are committed to providing evidence-based treatment for individuals with co-occurring disorders through clinical services, education and research. Our purpose is to create lifetime relationships for long-term recovery. Everything we do is designed to support recovery in a comprehensive way, addressing the needs of the whole person-physically, emotionally, mentally and spiritually. We provide the foundation, you build the life. Michael's House
is currently seeking a Per Diem Housekeeper
to be responsible for cleaning facilities as assigned to provide clean, sanitary, comfortable, orderly and satisfying surroundings for the residents, employees, and the public. Qualifications
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Responsible for care and upkeep of flooring throughout facility when necessary and as scheduled.
• Responsible for keeping grounds clean, including pool area and sidewalks, throughout property.
• Responsible for organizing supply room.
• Responsible for moving heavy furniture or objects.
• Responsible for upkeep and service of cigarette disposal mediums throughout property.
• Operates various mechanized cleaning equipment, such as polishers, buffers, vacuums, washer/dryer, etc.
• Maintains facility in a sanitary and infection-free condition through washing, cleaning and replacement of equipment and furnishings.
• Responsible for daily disposal of trash, waste, and other disposable materials.
• Must handle various cleaning solvents and chemicals in accordance with established safety regulations.
• Damp dusts furniture, light fixtures, window sills, etc. in high areas.
• Reports any needed repairs or equipment malfunction to supervisor immediately (such as leaky faucets or toilets, loose tile, broken window panes, missing nuts or screws, beds needing repair, etc.).
• Uses safety precautions in all housekeeping services.
• Assists in laundry duties.
• Assists with housekeeping duties as necessary or assigned.
• Performs all other duties as required or assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Ability to inspire client confidence in the FRN Staff and the FRN Model of Treatment.
• Ability to consistently demonstrate through conduct and communications the stability required to effectively assist patients and their family members through the FRN Model of Treatment.
• Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle multiple competing tasks and demands.
• Ability to pay continual attention to detail.
• Excellent organizational skills with the ability to prioritize workload and meet deadlines.
• Flexible and highly adaptable to change.
• A current, valid driver's license is required for frequent business travel between locations.
Education and Experience
• GED or high school diploma
• 1-2 years housekeeping experience preferred.
Work Environment and Physical Demands
• Sits, stands, bends, kneels, lifts and moves intermittently during work hours.
• Must be able to lift, push, pull and/or move up to 60 pounds.
- Use Vacuum Cleaner
- Clean Furniture
- Clean Room