What’s the secret to our success here at GEICO? It’s actually no secret at all; we simply find and invest in good people. That’s why we’re looking for someone who will serve as a strategic Compensation Business Partner. This position is a key member of the Total Rewards team, ensuring the company's compensation programs are appropriate to the needs of the organization, and are competitive and compliant. The Compensation Business Partner role will include designing, implementing and managing complex compensation programs for given client groups that are competitive and support the Company's business and strategic plans.
Job duties and responsibilities:
- Act as the primary consultant for multiple support functions and/or business units, serving as a strategic advisor on compensation practices and the pay landscape both internally and externally
- Conduct job family reviews and market price jobs
- Provide innovative compensation recommendations and solutions that are aligned with business strategy, challenging the status quo where necessary to arrive at optimal outcomes
- Lead compensation related communications and change management processes
- Facilitate annual merit and bonus programs for assigned client groups
- Develop, implement and administer base pay programs, including pay setting, pay structure development, and pay progression policy formulation for given client groups
- Conduct complex modeling and analysis on all aspects of compensation which may include building analytical tools to predict and/or diagnose compensation issues, drawing themes and trends from data analysis to influence and support decision making, and effectively representing data in charts and graphs
- Lead and develop a team of compensation analysts
- Partner with other corporate areas to ensure full compliance of all compensation programs (e.g. Accounting, Tax, and Legal)
- Develop and deliver efficient and effective presentations to influence decision making and communicate information to management and partners
Candidate qualifications and experience:
- Leverages a consultative approach, strategic focus and pragmatism, coupled with highly analytical thinking and meticulous attention to detail
- Advanced Excel expertise and ability to create, organize and manipulate large sets of data in complex Excel spreadsheets
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must have good interpersonal and client facing skills with HR Business Partners, Managers, and Senior Leadership
- Comfortable partnering and communicating with all levels within organization; Incumbent will have regular interactions with Senior Leadership
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills as well as an ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously to successful completion in a fast-paced environment
- Collaborative team player and self-starter, who takes personal initiative as well as develops strong working relationships
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in a field related to Finance, Business Management/Administration, or HR Administration preferred.
- External market awareness and insight into compensation trends and legislation.
- Familiarity with HRIS applications (Workday) desired.
This role can be filled as either level based on experience
Compensation HR Business Partner I: 5-8 years of relevant experience
Compensation HR Business Partner II: 8-12 years of relevant experience
At GEICO, we make sure you have the support and resources to leverage and develop your skills, secure your financial future, and take care of your health and well-being. GEICO continually seeks to provide a workplace where everyone can be their authentic self. To help achieve this goal, we support associate-led Employee Resource Groups that foster a true sense of community. Through GEICO’s competitive benefits offerings and various training and development opportunities, we have you covered with our [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Compensation Business Partner (REMOTE)* that includes:
- Premier Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance with no waiting period**
- Paid Vacation, Sick and Parental Leave
- 401(k) Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Training and Licensures
*Benefits may be different by location. Benefit eligibility requirements vary and may include length of service.
**Coverage begins on the date of hire. Must enroll in New Hire Benefits within 30 days of the date of hire for coverage to take effect.
GEICO is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to cultivating an environment where equal employment opportunities are available to all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, familial status, disability or genetic information, in compliance with applicable federal, state and local law. GEICO celebrates diversity and believes it is critical to our success. As such, we are committed to recruit, develop and retain the most talented individuals to join our team.
- Attention To Detail
- Business Management
- Change Management