To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Edison, NJ
- Stephen Harwan
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Project Engineer - Pumps, Piping, Exchangers & Plant Equipment
CDI Corporation • Edison, NJ
Posted 9 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Job Title: Project Engineer - would like someone with UNDERSTANDING of pumps, piping, exchangers, and general plant equipment.
Location: Edison, NJ
Duration: long term contract
This position will support the integration team and global projects group through FEL 3 and FEL 4 phases of the expansion project at the Edison, NJ facility. This position will work with the integration team, site engineering group, global engineering group, operations personnel, as well as third party contractors to develop and execute project designed to support the new production line.
Responsible for engineering aspects of assigned projects, coordinating and tracking technical efforts to ensure that goals and objectives of the projects are accomplished within a prescribed timeframe.
- Other duties may be assigned. Participates on Project Teams, providing project engineering leadership under the general supervision of a Implementation Manager.
- Serve as a conduit for the global project group when needed.
- Gather information and details needed for external site clients.
- Responsible for designated project results. Reports on status of engineering aspects of the project to the Integration Manager.
- Is proactive in meeting challenges and deliver value.
- Responsible for effective scope definition and change management.
- Ensure a safe work environment and a safe design, per safety guidelines.
- Identifies, develops, and estimates scope changes to be proposed to project team.
- Must be able to interpret technical procedures, mechanical flowsheets, piping specifications and governmental regulations.
- Effectively present information to project team.
- Write reports, and procedures.
- Must possess broad and deep knowledge, and/or be a quick learner in all areas of engineering execution, discipline interface, how information flows between disciplines and how to tailor to the project.
- Ability to demonstrate leadership capability on projects in the office as well as in the field.
- Must possess excellent communication skills with task force, with client and with management.
- Ability to demonstrate solid presentation skills, excellent problem solving and decision making skills.
- Must be able to recognize when difficult decisions must be made, engage others to participate in decisions, and holds all to decisions which have been made.
* Bachelor's degree in engineering
* 1-4 years' experience in the engineering industry as a Project Engineer.
This exciting opportunity is available immediately so please apply today for immediate consideration!
CDI Corporation is an EEO/An Affirmative Action M/F/D/V Employer