To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Alexandria, VA
- Josh Biacan
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
ECS Federal, LLC • Alexandria, VA
Posted 1 month ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
ECS is seeking a Perl Developer to work in our Alexandria, VA office.
Senior Perl Web Application Developers are responsible for creating and implementing new features within a web application. They also research and implement solutions for existing applications. They participate in new product design sessions, create detail design and development documentation, perform code reviews and participate in Quality Assurance reviews.
The ideal candidate will be a solutions oriented person with strong knowledge of software development methodologies, application design and relational database concepts. Experience in designing efficient, user focused web interfaces is a plus. Knowledge of SQL and Windows/IIS is required.
Candidates must have a strong work ethic, be self-motivated and achieve their best in a deadline oriented environment.
- Design and develop web based application
- Analyze and validate user requirement documentation to identify new functionality and upgrade existing functionality
- Validate applications by planning and conducting tests, modifying program sequences and debugging code
- Create software development related written documentation and software designs
- Serve as development Lead on projects. Coordinate development tasks and lead junior team members to ensure the timely delivery of high quality software products
- Candidate must have the ability to obtain a security clearance.
- Experience with PERL is required.
- Strong understanding of database driven application is required.
- Strong user interface design skills are required.
- Configuration management and software deployment experience is required.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills is required.
- Understanding of SDLC, operations systems, networks and computer hardware infrastructures is a plus.
- Experience with formal software delivery and quality methodologies is a plus.
- DoD development and STIG application resolution experience is a plus.
- Designs and solutions must have a focus on user satisfaction.
- Must have the ability to solve complex problems independently.
- Must seek new technical knowledge in order to generate innovative solutions.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required.
- Master's Degree in Computer Science or Information Systems/Technology Management
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE) Server
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
- ITIL Foundation Certification
ECS is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law. ECS promotes affirmative action for minorities, women, disabled persons, and veterans.
ECS is a leading mid-sized provider of technology services to the United States Federal Government. We are focused on people, values and purpose. Every day, our 2300+ employees focus on providing their technical talent to support the Federal Agencies and Departments of the US Government to serve, protect and defend the American People.