Adient is seeking a Manufacturing Engineer to support our San Antonio plant and customers through effective management of new programs, plant projects, and implementation of improvement and cost reduction suggestions. Further, this role develops assembly, process, fixturing, and equipment to ensure high quality and cost-effective production, as well as ensuring design changes are implemented in a timely and cost-effective manner
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for providing direct interface to customers, suppliers, and product engineering organization, specially focused on seat assembly and process.
- Develops and implements seats related processes, methods, tools, equipment, and controls for the manufacturer of products and components consistent with obtaining and maintaining design integrity, optimum costs, quality, inventories, and investment in facilities. Activities will include all aspects of prototype development and builds.
- Actively applies new manufacturing technologies and aggressively evaluates and reports on manufacturing opportunities which will contribute to the JIT plant's objectives and goals.
- Participates in the product design activity to assure optimum productivity and costs.
- Prepares manufacturing studies to determine optimum manufacturing costs, quality, and inventories.
- Recommends changes for the most practical and economical manufacturing processes, including material, labor, tooling, equipment, and ancillary factors.
- Participates in selecting, approving, and developing tooling and equipment to satisfy manufacturing requirements and product design intent.
- Serves as champion of Pre-Launch Team of all new programs
- Works closely with lean manufacturing matrix teams to ensure key measures such as:
- Quick Tool Change
- Press Utilization
- Die Performance
- Scrap and off-fall reduction meets or exceeds world-class standards.
- Minimization of indirect labor to increase productivity and efficiency
- Lean Manufacturing Implementation.
- Six Sigma Projects
- Performs Ergonomic risk assessment for all cells to ensure safe work envelop.
- Performs CpK analysis for applicable products and torque equipment.
- Performs other duties and special projects as assigned.
Environmental, Health & Safety:
- Ensure the protection of the environment, prevention of pollution and the continual improvement of the Environmental Management System.
- Provide leadership in developing measures and practices that prevent accidents and ensure compliance with OSHA and EPA/TCEQ standards.
- Ensure environmental, health and safety hazards are corrected, eliminated or guarded
- Assessing engineering controls, administrative controls, and PPE on an on-going basis
- Assisting in the investigation of accidents.
- Stop and prevent unsafe actions; stop the use of unsafe equipment and tools, stop work and/or have employees leave a work area
- Investigate all near misses and other environmental/safety-related incidents that have occurred within the incident area
- Ensure the results of environmental/safety audits are documented; monitoring the investigation of accidents and injuries; ensuring that corrective actions are taken; and providing recommendations for ways to prevent similar accidents
- Must understand and comply with all applicable Customer Specific Requirements (SQAM)
Education and Experience:
- 1-2 years of experience preferred. (Internships or projects for completed Master's degree programs will be considered as experience.)
- B.S.M.E. or equivalent.
Adient is a global leader in automotive seating. With approximately 75,000 employees in 33 countries, Adient operates 208 manufacturing/assembly plants worldwide. We produce and deliver automotive seating for all major OEMs. From complete seating systems to individual components, our expertise spans every step of the automotive seat-making process. Our integrated, in-house skills allow us to take our products from research and design to engineering and manufacturing - and into more than 20 million vehicles every year.
- Cell Biology
- Cost Reduction
- Environmental Management