Job Title: - Technical Support Specialist
Location: - Charlotte, NC
Job Type: - Full Time Permanent roleSummary:
- This position provides technical and application support, primarily on the phone, to system users and technicians.
- Acquires and maintains technical knowledge, skills, and references, in all areas of the assigned products, to expertly install, operate, troubleshoot, and repair the equipment.
- Provides guidance and answers to customers calling in requesting assistance in installation, operation, troubleshooting, and repairing assigned products.
- Responds to client inquiries concerning systems operation and diagnoses system hardware, software, and operator problems
- Recommends or performs minor remedial actions to correct problems
- Provides updates, status, and completion information to manager, problem request tracking system, and/or users, via voice mail, e-mail, or in-person communication.
- Records all pertinent information received on product problems and complaints.
- Serves as a resource for other departments to request technical information and assistance regarding the assigned products
- Travels to perform service calls on problem equipment that local dental service technicians could not repair
- Works on special projects as assigned
- Performs other duties and assignments as requested to support the technical service function
Years and Type of Experience:
- High school diploma or GED required; Associates degree preferred
Required Computer Skills:
- Minimum of 2 years related experience
- Must be experienced in troubleshooting computer hardware, Windows Operating Systems, and Applications and/or experience installing and troubleshooting computer networks.
- A minimum of one year of experience troubleshooting computer hardware, Windows Operating Systems and Applications
- One-year experience installing and troubleshooting computer networks
- Experience in troubleshooting and servicing electromechanical equipment a plus.
Key Required Skills, Knowledge, and Capabilities:
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products
- Internet and Email applications
- Contact Management systems
- Demonstrated ability to deal effectively with customers and strong telephone etiquette skills required
- Excellent problems solving skills; Experience in resolving conflicts and problem-solving, in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Proven organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks
- Demonstrated ability to learn and apply new technology quickly
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Must have the ability to travel to Charlotte, NC for training
- Some travel may be required for assistance with installations, escalations, and other support reasons
- Candidates must be able to lift to 50 lbs.
- Candidates must be willing to work 40hrs per week, with varying start and end times
- Candidates must be willing to work overtime, if required, to meet required deadlines
- Computer Networks
- Conflict Resolution
- Contact Management Systems