SOC Tier 1 Analyst
CGI Federal is searching for SOC Tier 1 Analysts to support a client contract in Rockville, MD. Tier 1 Analysts shall have demonstrated professional experience in network or UNIX/Linux system administration, software engineering, software development, and/or a bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology, Cybersecurity, or related field.
Your future duties and responsibilities
• Monitor and analyze network traffic and alerts.
• Investigate intrusion attempts and perform in-depth analysis of exploits.
• Provide network intrusion detection expertise to support timely and effective decision making of when to declare an incident.
• Conduct proactive threat research.
• Perform Tier I initial incident triage.
• Document all activities during an incident and providing leadership with status updates during the life cycle of the incident.
• Create a final incident report detailing the events of the incident
• Provide information regarding intrusion events, security incidents, and other threat indications and warning information to US government agencies.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
Candidate should have 1-3 years of experience in the following areas:
• Experience working with various security methodologies and processes
• Knowledge of Transmission Control Protocol / Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) protocols
• Knowledge of email security, network monitoring, and incident response
• Experience providing analysis and trending of security log data from a large number of heterogeneous security devices
• Knowledge and experience configuring a diverse array of technical security solutions
* Due to the nature of the contract, US citizenship is required. Must be able to obtain an agency specific clearance
#CGIFederalJobInsights you can act on
While technology is at the heart of our clients' digital transformation, we understand that people are at the heart of business success.
When you join CGI, you become a trusted advisor, collaborating with colleagues and clients to bring forward actionable insights that deliver meaningful and sustainable outcomes. We call our employees "members" because they are CGI shareholders and owners and owners who enjoy working and growing together to build a company we are proud of. This has been our Dream since 1976, and it has brought us to where we are today - one of the world's largest independent providers of IT and business consulting services.
At CGI, we recognize the richness that diversity brings. We strive to create a work culture where all belong and collaborate with clients in building more inclusive communities. As an equal-opportunity employer, we want to empower all our members to succeed and grow. If you require an accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please let us know. We will be happy to assist.
Ready to become part of our success story? Join CGI - where your ideas and actions make a difference.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at [ Email address blocked ] - Click here to apply to SOC Tier 1 Analyst
. You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. CGI will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records in accordance with all local regulations and ordinances.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI's legal duty to furnish information.Skills
- Incident Response
- Computer Networks
- Computer Security
- Incident Response
- Information Technology
- Linux Administration