Allied Reliability is looking for experienced individuals for a Direct-Hire Maintenance Planner role with a large, industry-leading, the manufacturer! The Maintenance Panner will be reporting to the Reliability Maintenance Manager, the Maintenance Planner/Scheduler is responsible for the safe, efficient, and cost-effective completion of all maintenance projects in the mill during regular and annual maintenance days, through the planning of such projects. The Maintenance Planner has a role in improving workforce productivity and quality by anticipating and eliminating potential delays through planning, scheduling, and coordination of maintenance resources, parts, materials, and equipment access in order to promote excellence as established in the Company vision, mission, and values.
What you will do:
Responsible for the safety of all employees and more specifically the maintenance team members and contractors working on a maintenance project.
- Achieve the goal of no lost time accidents.
- Work with the maintenance teams and the Safety & Environmental Manager to ensure that all safety hazards or concerns are dealt with in a timely fashion.
- Ensure all contractors have WCB and liability insurance coverage before they begin and work.
- Ensure all contractors and their employees have the required certificates for the work they are performing.
- Ensure all contractors and their employees have taken the contractor orientation and know and follow all company safety regulations while on site.
Task-Specific (Specific tasks that are part of the Planner/Scheduler’s regular duties)
- Converts “approved” work requests into work orders
- Assists as required with daily work request review
- Identifies required parts for planned jobs
- Arranges “pre-scheduled” contractors and assures that contractors meet requirements for qualifications such as confined space, etc.
- Creates “Job Plans” including the required;
- “Walks down” critical jobs
- Creates Standard tasks
- Updates PMs in the CMMS
- Manages the PM schedule
- Gathers Input and facilitates shutdown and weekly work schedules to lock down stage
- Facilitates backlog reviews
- Verifies parts are in the system prior to shutdowns
- Ensures work orders are properly closed
Additional task that Planner/Scheduler may assist with but are not part of their core responsibilities
- Work request prioritization
- Obtaining RFQs
- Creating Emergency Work Orders
- Contractor Supervision
- Unplanned contractors and services
- Design and creation of PMs
- Assigning of resources to PMs
- Assigning names to tasks (Maintenance Leads)
- Expediting of parts
- Physical verification of parts
- Resource number creation
- Ivara training
Responsible for working together with the Mechanical and Electrical team leaders.
- Foster a climate where teamwork is a standard way of operating in the department.
- Encourage a free flow of innovative ideas from all team leaders and team members.
- Ensure there is good cross-communication with all maintenance groups.
Responsible for the planning of daily maintenance operations in the mill.
- Coordinate the daily maintenance activities to ensure maximum efficiency and cost-effective completion of all work orders.
- Ensure all personnel are informed of all changes that will or may affect them.
- Work closely with the Purchasing and Stores personnel to ensure that parts are available for daily maintenance activities.
- Maintain and update asset parts lists.
- Assist with the scheduling of rebuilds on equipment and ensure parts are readily available.
Responsible for the efficient and cost-effective short and long-term planning of maintenance projects.
- Track and report on capital projects costs and status on a regular basis, i.e. monthly, or as required.
- Responsible for continuous improvement and cost-control in their area of responsibility.
- Foster a climate where continuous improvement is a standard responsibility in everyone’s position in the planning department.
- Encourage teams to work together and use problem-solving techniques to generate improvement opportunities and solve problems.
- Encourage a free flow of innovative and cost-control ideas from all team members.
Knowledge and Experience you will need:
- Certified Journeyman or Master in the millwright or electrical trade.
- Preventative maintenance program training experience.
- At least 5 years of experience in the trade in an industrial plant, preferably in a planning role at an OSB plant.
- Excellent computer skills including MS Office software.
- All Planner/Schedulers must attain the Carver Planner/Scheduler Certification (or equivalent if approved by the Reliability Manager.
Key Competencies / Skills:
- Functional / Technical Skills: Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills to do the job at a high level of accomplishment.
- Decision Quality: Makes good decisions (without considering how much time it takes) based upon a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience, and judgment; most of his/her solutions and suggestions turn out to be correct and accurate when judged over time; sought out by others for advice and solutions.
- Process Management: Good at figuring out the processes necessary to get things done; knows how to organize people and activities; understands how to separate and combine tasks into efficient work flow; knows what to measure and how to measure it; can see opportunities for synergy and integration where others can't; can simplify complex processes; gets more out of fewer resources.
- Drive for Results: Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully; is constantly and consistently one of the top performers; very bottom-line oriented; steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
- Interpersonal Savvy: Relates well to all kinds of people - up, down, and sideways, inside and outside the organization; builds appropriate rapport; builds constructive and effective relationships; uses diplomacy and tact; can defuse even high-tension situations comfortably
- Business Process Improvement
- Confined Spaces
- Medical Emergency
- Microsoft Office