Services commercial establishments for the purpose of controlling insect and rodent infestations and to solicit new business; applies technical knowledge of chemicals and adheres to required safety regulations.
- Maintains knowledge of technical data concerning chemicals uses and their application.
- Maintains knowledge of federal, state and local regulations regarding pest control.
- Maintains a copy of the business unit Commercial Pest Control Service manual at close proximity at all times and follows the specified instructions therein.
- Maintains and services all route customers according to company standards and procedures.
- Calls the office daily as required for messages.
- Completes and submits daily service reports as required.
- Advises customers of potential problems.
- Keeps management informed of any problems encountered on service routes.
- Maintains proper inventory of pesticides in usage.
- Maintains service records in accordance with EPA standards.
- Collects delinquent accounts.
- Maintains service equipment and vehicle in clean and proper operating condition.
- Maintains a safe driving record.
- Assists on other routes as required by management.
- Completes federal, state, local and company required training programs within prescribed time limits for proper certification.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required
- 2 or 4 year degree preferred
- 1-3 months related experience preferred
- Available to work flexible hours as required by customer needs, including evenings, nights, and/or weekends.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Licenses/certificates as required by federal, state, or local regulations.
- Maintain a valid driver’s license.
- Immediately report to management any loss of required license.
The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential function to this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Incumbent must be prepared to:
- Move up to 10 pounds regularly, and 11-20 lbs frequently, by lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling, or otherwise repositioning objects. Exerting up to 50 lbs of force to move objects is required occasionally.
- Uses legs and/or hands and arms to ascend or descend ladders, stairs, scaffolding, ramps, poles, etc., in a manner that exceeds what is required for ordinary locomotion.
- Maintain his/her balance when walking, standing, or crouching on narrow, slippery, or erratically moving surfaces; balance exceeds that needed for ordinary locomotion.
- Bend legs and spine downward and forward to crouch or squat, and bend legs at the knee to come to rest on a surface with one or both knees, including crawling on hands and knees or hands and feet.
- Push objects forward, downward, or outward with sustained force using the upper extremities to press with steady force, and drag, draw, haul, or tug objects with sustained motion using upper extremities to exert force.
- Extend his/her hands and arms in any direction to reach objects, and move objects from a lower to a higher position, or move objects horizontally from one position to another, by lifting or carrying objects either in his/her hands or arms or by strapping equipment to the body; requires substantial use of upper extremities and back muscles.
- Use touch of skin to perceive attributes of objects, such as size, shape, temperature, or texture; particularly fingertips.
- Express or exchange ideas with others through the use of spoken word, quickly, accurately, and at an easily audible volume, and received detailed information through oral communication at usual speaking levels without correction, and/or make fine discriminations in the nature of sounds in the environment.
- Operate a motor vehicle and use electrically and manually powered hand tools for securing objects to surfaces.
Incumbent is required to have:
- Close visual acuity to perform detail oriented activities at distances close to the eyes, as well as visual acuity to perform activities at or within arm’s reach with skill, control, and accuracy, and to determine the accuracy, neatness, and/or thoroughness of work assigned, or make general observations of facilities or structures (i.e., inspection).
- Visual acuity to operate motor vehicles or equipment.
Incumbent will be subject to:
- Both inside (not necessarily temperature controlled) and outside (without protection from weather; extreme heat-above 100 and/or cold-below 32 for more than one hour) environmental conditions.
- Hazardous physical conditions, such as mechanical parts, vehicles, electrical current, heights and scaffolding, chemical exposure, and/or high heat.
- Atmospheric conditions affecting the respiratory system of the skin, such as fumes, odors, dust, mold, mist, gas, poor ventilation.
- Exposure to animals and insects.
- Meet physical requirements and/or pass medical certification in compliance with state and/or federal regulatory requirements and company safety policies relating to carrying and wearing personal protective equipment (PPE), including, but not limited to an OSHA compliant respirator.
- Working in confined spaces, narrow aisles, or passageways which could cause reactions in those with claustrophobic tendencies.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of the work being performed by employees assigned to this classification; they are not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position.
Terminix and ServiceMaster are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.