***Flexible part time hours***
URL blocked - click to apply
Provides Direct and Indirect patient care services that meet the Psychological, physical and general aspect of care; utilizes the nursing process in planning care; meets the communication and education needs of patient and family; provides care that reflect initiative and responsibility indicative of professional expectations. Communicates in a professional, positive, and assertive manner congruent with Mercy Service Standards. Communicates with Physicians and other team members about changes in patient’s condition and can respond quickly and accurately to changes in condition or response to treatment. Additionally, can perform general nursing duties in other departments with adequate supervision. Maintains regulatory agency requirements and adheres to hospital policies, procedures and standards.
“Mercy Hospital Rogers has been designated a Top 100 Hospital by IBM/Watson, formerly Truven, for 2019. We are the only hospital in the state of Arkansas receiving this award”
We’re a Little Different
Our mission is clear. We bring to life a healing ministry through our compassionate care and exceptional service.
At Mercy, you’ll feel our supportive community every step of your day, especially the tough ones. We’re a team and love working that way. We have opportunities for nurses who are inspired to pioneer new models of care and want to transform the healthcare experience. Work with advanced technology and innovative procedures. Be state of the art, and never stop exploring. We’re expanding to help our communities grow, offering an exceptional opportunity to join our team.
We’ll Support You at Work and Home
Getting respect doesn’t come easy in healthcare. Modern Healthcare Magazine named us as a “top 100 places to work.” We go out of our way to help people feel welcomed. We offer day-one comprehensive health, vision and dental coverage, PTO, tuition reimbursement and employer-matched retirement funds to benefit-eligible co-workers, including those working 48 hours or more per pay period!
What Makes a Good Match for Mercy
Compassion and professionalism go hand-in-hand with us. Having a positive outlook and a strong sense of advocacy is in perfect step with our mission and vision. We’re also collaborative and are not afraid to do a little extra to deliver excellent care-that’s just part of our commitment. If that sounds like a fit for you as well, we encourage you to apply.
Provides direct patient care in a personalized and compassionate manner utilizing the Nursing Process:
- Successfully demonstrates proficiency of basic skill, equipment, and procedures including unit specific skills.
- Assist physicians with examinations, procedures and other processes related to patient care
- Safely administers medication by following Mercy policies and procedures.
- Communicates problems to the interdisciplinary team.
- Monitor patients during Radiology procedures, providing comfort and assuring safety and quality care.
- Provide explanation of treatment during procedure to both patient and family.
- Give clear and concise instructions.
- Performs other work duties as assigned
Provides safe environment of care for patients, visitors, and co-workers
- Identification of Safety, infection control, and work environment hazards with prompt resolution and/or reporting of problems
- Demonstrates current knowledge of:
- HIPPA standards and regulations
- TIME OUT process
- Universal Precautions
- Fall Prevention
Specific Radiology Nursing Services
- Provide Pre-calls to out-patients prior to scheduled Radiology procedure.
- Explains procedure to patient
- Assures patients understanding of date and time of procedure
- Provide additional information and instructions based on type of procedure being performed.
- Provide pertinent information to Radiologist and all supportive staff.
- Schedules patients and coordinates with central scheduling
- Coordinate inpatient/outpatient procedures with Radiology staff and Inpatient Nursing staff
- Determine status of patient (ambulatory, Isolation)
- Assure Physician orders and pre-procedure task are performed
- Assist in transport of inpatients
- Prepare for moderate sedation (Delivery of moderate sedation will be under the direction of the Radiologist)
- Note allergies and report to Radiologist prior to procedure
- Report post-procedure Hand-off to In-patient Nursing staff
- Demonstrate Intra-Procedure Performance.
- Performs Intravenous Access
- Perform Time OUT
- Preparation and sterile technique
- Lab draws blood and Fluid collection
- Perform pre-anesthesia assessment with Radiologist
- Administer ordered moderate sedation medications to the patient during procedure assuring comfort and continues monitoring of HR, BP, O2 Sat.
- Utilize Intra-procedure navigator with in the EMR
- Rapidly Respond to contrast reactions and be prepared to treat anaphylactic reactions.
Documents and reports pre and post procedure:
- Determines current H&P is within the patients EMR prior to any invasive procedure.
- Completes consent forms according to Policy.
- Order appropriate Lab and medications per Ordering Physician or Radiologist.
- Follow process and document in EMR for collection of lab and Fluids being sent for analysis.
- Continues Vital sign monitoring and documentation during procedure
- EMR documentation on completion of procedure.
Promotes/Delivers Team work and strong Communication/organizational skills as evidenced by:
- Communicates verbally and non-verbally in a concise, effective, and appropriate manner to all hospital staff, physicians, patients, and patient family members.
- Displays a positive attitude
- Collaborate and coordinate: ensuring patient needs are met and adequate supplies are available.
- Demonstrate cooperation and support of team members.
- Demonstrate Understanding of Mercy Mission and Values.
- Deliver Patient Satisfaction, Physician Satisfaction, and Co-worker Satisfaction
- Adheres to the Mercy Signature Service
- Set priorities and utilizes time efficiently, and complete task on time
Enhances Professional growth and development;
- Attends educational programs, mandatory in-services, workshops, and unit meetings
- Seeks out and utilizes education from professional journals and other accepted resources.
- Incorporates knowledge obtained into practice patterns
Actively supports Performance/Process Improvement Initiatives by following hospital policies, procedures, and programs;
- Reports adverse occurrences and medication events through Mercy SAFE Quality program
- Adheres to infection Control Policies
- Adheres to Employee health polices
- Completes Annual Mandatory/Regulatory assignments
- Demonstrates work habits that support improvement for the Quality and Safety of Our Patients
- Understands and practices Radiation Safety
Education: Graduate of accredited school of Nursing. ADN required, BSN preferred
Licensure: Current Arkansas Registered Nurse License in good standing
Certifications: Basic life Support / Advanced Cardiopulmonary Life Support or complete upon hire.
Other: Strong Communicator and computer skills. Possess desire to learn new skills and techniques. Should be Open-Minded, Innovative, critical thinker, adaptive to change, and willing to act quickly during challenges.
Preferred Experience: 1-2 years of Radiology Procedure areas, ER, or Hospital Medical surgical or Cardiac experience.
Electronic Medical Record
Arm Hand Steadiness
Conducting Physical Examinations