Joining King’s Hawaiian makes you part of our `ohana (family). We are a family-owned business for over seventy years, respecting our roots while thinking about our future as we continue to grow and care for our customers and the communities we serve. Our `ohana members build an environment of inclusivity as they freely collaborate, pursue learning through curiosity, and explore innovation as critical thinkers. Beyond that, we are also passionate about supporting the long-term health and well-being of our employees and their families. If you’re excited to rise with our team, come and join our `ohana!
At KING’S HAWAIIAN® we create unique and irresistible food that people love beyond reason. We are not in the business of copying mainstream products or pursuing short-term trends. Our goal is to create new growth for the company by introducing new Hawaii-inspired food products. In many cases this will be through leveraging Hawaii inspired ingredients and flavors to create unique recipes. We also believe we have permission to create new-to-world products and flavors that meet the irresistible standard of our brand and foster the Aloha Spirit. The R&D Process Engineer will report to the Head of Innovation & Commercialization. This role will be a part of a collaborative Innovation team consisting of culinary chefs, pastry chefs, marketing, project management and consumer insights experts who work together to innovate and commercialize new irresistible products made with Aloha available to everyone, everywhere.
Self-starter – we live and work in an entrepreneurial environment. You thrive in ambiguity and can work autonomously to deliver value.
Problem Solver – you love to take on challenges and solve problems. It bothers you when you see something not working efficiently or an ambiguous situation in need of a solution. You can’t help but jump in to find answers and create change.
Curious – You are not someone who only reads the headlines. You have an instinctive desire to always dig deeper, understand why, and challenge ways of thinking. Your curiosity leads to new and alternative solutions to problems.
Exceptional communication – silence and sugar-coating are enemies. We believe “telling it like it is in a way that it can be heard” is vital to executing cross-functional innovation & commercialization projects.
Team player – it takes many types of skillsets to develop and launch a new product at King’s Hawaiian. We must be selfless and unassuming in our work, always willing to collaborate and put the team first. While you enjoy and self-manage your own work, you love being a part of a team, especially a team with diverse backgrounds and personalities.
- Participate in the identification, design, development, testing and qualification of process systems in support of new product development
- Manage numerous projects simultaneously
- Creatively solve technical problems in a rapid, efficient manner
- Follow the Capital Expenditure Request (CER) process to plan, budget, and track front-end innovation projects
- Develop new equipment and processes with detailed documentation and specifications
- Assist in pipeline prioritization and technical assessment of future innovation projects & ideas
- Collaborate with chefs, food scientists, operations, used equipment brokers, manufacturers, and machine shops on new equipment
- Ability to travel up to 10%
- Minimum 5 years in technical manufacturing role with expertise in at least one area of mechanical, electrical, control system, or process design
- Proven technical capability and ability to solve problems
- Strong computer, analytical, interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency with design software such as AutoCAD, Solidworks, Pro-E, or similar
- Knowledge and experience with GMP facilities and equipment
- Technical procurement experience
- Proven ability to work cross functionally
- CPG industry experience preferred
King's Hawaiian is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for our ohana.
- Auto Cad
- Collaborative Innovation Networks
- Control Systems