To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Seattle, WA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
CORESTAFF Services • Seattle, WA
Posted 5 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
JOB TITLE: AP Clerk
A large diving contractor on the West Coast, based out of Seattle, WA, is currently seeking an AP/AR Specialist to join our team in Seattle. This position is responsible for ensuring timely payments of vendor invoices and expense vouchers, maintaining accurate records and control reports, sending follow-up inquiries, negotiating with past due accounts, maintaining cash receipts and referring accounts to collection agencies. May recommend improvements to processes.
- Process payments in a timely manner
- Work with vendors to create good relationships
- Understanding of GL and how to categorize expenses
- Maintain internal relationship; collecting approvals on invoices, following up on contracts nearing the term end date
- Manage AP, analyze aging and maximize payment timing to take advantage of discounts
- Monitor for missing or duplicate invoices
- Ensure that all invoices are properly approved and are properly coded to the general ledger to ensure accuracy of financial data; perform the data entry of invoices and balancing in the accounting system
- Research, analyze, and resolve vendor invoice issues using established procedures
- Maintains vendor records and vendor database in ERP system
- Maintain paper and electronic records (filing, faxing, scanning and retrieval). Organize invoices pending entry or payment so that others on the team can easily assist as needed
- Assign new purchase orders, review, and maintain outstanding PO status in NAV on a weekly basis
- Bank statement reconciliation, credit card statement reconciliation
- Receive cash, create deposits, manage AR aging and collections
- Create invoices, manage invoicing process with Operations
- Manage files and maintain records
- Ensure the appropriate application and reporting of sales and/or use tax
- Filing, manage files and record keeping
- Maintains financial security by following internal accounting controls
- Ensure Generally Accepted Accounting Principles are being adhered to
- Assist as needed to perform other related duties and special projects
- AA Degree required
- 1+ years experience in an accounting or similar role required
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Detail oriented
- Advanced organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal and team skills
- Excellent Microsoft Suite skills (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Knowledge of current accounting practices and accounting software
- BA Degree preferred
- Experience in the maritime or construction industry preferred
Corestaff Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer - All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other factor determined to be unlawful under applicable law. Corestaff Services is not associated with Core Staffing Services, Inc. which operates in the New York metro area.