To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- San Antonio, TX
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Manager, IT Applications Delivery
PenFed Credit Union • San Antonio, TX
Posted 12 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Manager, IT Applications Delivery
PenFed Credit Union is hiring a Manager, IT Applications Delivery at our San Antonio Service Center in San Antonio, Texas. The primary purpose of this role is to directly manage staff and oversee the execution of related deliverables throughout a projects life-cycle. This position will focus on oversight of project delivery teams (consisting of Developers, Testers, Business Analysts, Automation Engineers, Scrum Masters, Consultants, etc.) focused on the delivery initiatives for all the Lines of Businesses here at PenFed.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of job duties and the position will perform other duties as assigned.
- Directly manage the work for technical delivery/project teams (Employees and Consultants) based on enterprise priorities and timelines.
- Work closely with business and technical staff from all areas of the company to identify and provide solutions to meet business requirements throughout the life cycle of projects.
- Coordinate resources and timetables with the business unit stakeholders and other IT teams to complete high priority projects by setting and committing to aggressive project deadlines when necessary.
- Promote a culture of high performance and continuous improvement that values learning, a commitment to quality and accountability delivering high quality technology solutions.
- Develop productive staff using highly supportive and collaborative approach.
- Establish and monitor staff performance and development goals, assign accountabilities, set objectives and priorities, conduct performance appraisals, monitor and evaluate results.
- Ensure staff members receive timely and appropriate training and development.
- Ensure IT projects are aligned with business demand.
- Help drive the team to more iterative/agile delivery.
- Drive Technical Competencies into the Team, have a strong Technical Design and Architectural Expertise to achieve PenFed’s target IT architecture.
- Possess knowledge of current Technical Software and Standards.
- Must have a strong Technical and Business Acumen in digital banking with a track record of delivering new functionality involving integration with core banking solutions.
- Deliver IT projects on time, within budget and to specifications.
- Transition projects to the applications and operations maintenance teams effectively and efficiently.
- Must be a trusted advisor, partner and advocate to Business Sponsors of IT projects.
- Support division and corporate risk management objectives through the proper documentation and review of project and change plans. Supervise the introduction of changes in a controlled manner per established corporate and IT policies and procedures.
- Establish a strong relationship with third-party entities to ensure a proactive understanding of technical capabilities, effectively support enhancements and problem resolution in the assigned systems.
- Provide proactive leadership and guidance to IT staff utilizing continuous, open communication and effective application of personnel actions and reviews as well as communicating a clear vision and innovative strategies.
- Maintain organization's effectiveness and efficiency by defining, delivering, and supporting strategic plans for implementing information technologies within assigned areas in addition to providing improvement opportunities using innovative processes.
- Conduct system audits by verifying performance of provided services and providing established metrics to IT leadership.
- Implement disaster recovery and back-up procedures to preserve assets, participate in required exercises, and reinforce existing information security and control structures. Lead the team to do complete root cause analysis and come up with preventive measures.
- Evaluate organization outcomes, identify problems, evaluate trends, anticipate requirements, as well as recommend information technology strategies, policies, and procedures.
- Forecast demand for services, collaborate with IT leadership on annual budgeting, schedule expenditures, analyze variances and initiate corrective action.
- Maintain quality services by establishing and enforcing division processes and standards.
Education and Experience
Equivalent combination of education and experience is considered.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field is preferred, ITIL Foundation Certification is preferred.
- Requires a minimum eight (8) years of progressively responsible experience in IT project delivery within financial services.
- Minimum five (3-5) years of management experience leading technical delivery teams, involving multiple systems integration points.
- Minimum of five (5) years of overall IT experience should be involvement in multiple, large scale project delivery.
- Excellent communication and relationship management skills.
- Comfortable in diverse, fast-paced and rapidly changing business environment.
- Ability to develop teams and lead people in diverse and decentralized environment.
- Demonstrated ability to perform well in high pressure, high stress environment.
- Solid understanding of Agile and software development life cycles, Project and Release Management.
- Possess in depth technical knowledge in one or more areas related to Banking systems (Hogan preferred), IBM Mainframes, ETL and Java .net based applications.
- Experience managing within one or more of the following areas of technology is preferred:
- Salesforce, Micro Services, BPM/Mulesoft, Big Data, ETL tools, Data Management and Robotic Process Automation
This position may supervise employees depending on the area of focus.
Licenses and Certifications
ITIL, PMP, Six Sigma certifications preferred.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to an indoor office setting with moderate noise.
*Most roles require working in an office setting with moderate noise and the ability to lift 25 pounds.*
Ability to travel to various worksites and be on-call is required.
Established in 1935, PenFed today is one of the country’s strongest and most stable financial institutions with over 1.8 million members and over $25 billion in assets. We serve members in all 50 states and the District of Columbia, as well as in Guam, Puerto Rico, Okinawa, and Portugal. We are federally insured by NCUA and we are an Equal Housing Lender. We are available to members worldwide, via the web, seven days a week, twenty-four hours a day.
Our mission isn’t simply to help our members get by. We exist to help them realize every ounce of their potential. We exist to educate, and to encourage. We exist to usher their dreams into the land of reality.
We provide our employees with a lucrative benefits package including robust medical, dental and vision plan options, plenty of paid time off, 401k with employer match, on-site fitness facilities at our larger locations, and more.
Equal Employment Opportunity
PenFed management will maintain and observe personnel policies which will not discriminate or permit harassment or retaliation against a person because of race, color, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, military or veteran status or obligation, the presence of a physical and/or mental disability or medical condition, genetic information, sexual orientation, and all statuses protected by applicable state or local law in all recruiting, hiring, training, compensation, overtime, position classifications, work assignments, facilities, promotions, transfers, employee treatment, and in all other terms and conditions of employment. PenFed will also prohibit retaliation against individuals for raising a complaint of discrimination or harassment or participating in an investigation of same.
PenFed will also reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with a disability so that they can apply for a job or perform the essential functions of a job unless doing so causes a direct threat to these individuals or others in the workplace and the threat cannot be eliminated by reasonable accommodation or if the accommodation creates an undue hardship to PenFed. Contact human resources (HR) with any questions or requests for accommodation at 571-495-7921