1st Shift Quality Engineer
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Represent Quality Manager in his absence in regards to current production issues/matters.
- Support MOS.
- Conducts/Facilitates problem solving:
- a) Customer plant visits / 8-D reports
- b) Supplier concern coordinator
- c) SPC analysis
- Interface with plant, engineering, customer, supplier, personnel to enhance introduction of new parts into production. Member of the plant's AQP Core Team in planning for quality on new products.
- Authorized to handle and track sample submissions as needed, including writing and updating control plans, FMEA's, inspection check sheets, reports, etc.
- Coordinate prototype documentation/tagging/shipment.
- Authorized to initiate actions to prevent the occurrence of any non-conformities relating to product, processes and quality system.
- Coordinate the Quality activitiy during the APQP/Launch Process.
- Conduct new employee Quality orientation as needed.
- Direct and work with:
- a) Layout Technicians and Layout Technician Apprentices
- b) Quality Auditors
- c) Quality Technicians
- Performs other essential functions as assigned.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
- Failure Mode Effects Analysis
- Problem Solving
- Quality Management