Shift Manager – Steelmaking Maintenance
Cleveland-Cliffs is the largest flat-rolled steel company and the largest iron ore pellet producer in North America. The company is vertically integrated from mining through iron making, steelmaking, rolling, finishing and downstream with hot and cold stamping of steel parts and components.
As a Shift Manager – Maintenance in the Steelmaking department at Cleveland-Cliffs Steelton, you’ll be part of a global team making steel that goes into products that are visible all around you. Ideal candidates enjoy hands-on, collaborative environments and are willing to seize opportunities to develop themselves. Shift managers lead employees to provide maintenance activities in support of Steelmaking production and plant wide objectives. The shift manager leads mechanical and electrical technicians to reach safety, delay, preventative and predictive maintenance goals and targets.
- Lead and ensure maintenance, safety, and environmental activities, involving mechanical and electrical technicians, are in support of steelmaking production and plant wide objectives.
- Lead mechanical and electrical technicians in reaching safety, delay, preventive and predictive maintenance goals & targets.
- Demonstrate technical knowledge, skills and abilities in the maintenance of industrial machinery.
- Perform administrative activities such as scheduling crews, completing reports, conducting safety meetings, and compiling other reports as necessary.
- Promote continuous improvement and standardization of maintenance programs and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering and 3 to 5 years of supervisory experience as a maintenance supervisor in a manufacturing facility (preferred) OR 10+ years of supervisory experience as a maintenance supervisor in a manufacturing facility.
- Industrial/manufacturing mechanical & electrical maintenance experience is required.
- Experience with AC/DC motor control, drive packages, and PLCs.
- Good troubleshooting, and team building skills.
- Experience with hydraulics, water systems, print reading and machine shop math.
- Experience with computer-based maintenance systems.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Office and PowerPoint.
- Ability to lift more than 25 pounds on occasion.
- Climbing, kneeling, bending, stooping, walking, use of hands, etc. is required.
Applicants for this position must be currently legally authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis. The company generally does not sponsor candidates for temporary visas or permanent residency for this position.
Cleveland-Cliffs Inc. is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to or call
- Experience in a union environment is preferred.
1-(312) 899-3097 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Do not email your application materials to this email address. Application materials sent to this email address will not be considered.
As a company, we are doing what we can to keep all our employees safe and healthy. It is the current expectation that ALL Cleveland-Cliffs employees will be vaccinated against COVID-19 as soon as possible. Before accepting an offer of employment, you must certify that you are fully vaccinated. Cleveland-Cliffs reserves the right to require proof of vaccination.
Cleveland-Cliffs Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, military or veteran status, disability, sex (including sexual orientation and gender identity), genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. The following links provide information regarding your Equal Employment Opportunity rights and protections: [ Link removed ] and [ Link removed ] . We are a drug-free workplace and conduct pre-employment screening as a condition of employment.
- Business Process Improvement
- Dc Motors