Leads the strategy, ideation, management and development to provide innovative online solutions, including complex websites and data driven web applications for a division. Provides strong backend web application development on multiple systems, in addition to front end design solutions for numerous clients and initiatives.
- Manage web product(s) through the entire development lifecycle, from conception and planning, to tactical execution and sustainment. Set standards for design and best practices for web solutions.
- Create products for the web and cloud platforms through the development of new emerging web products and enhancements. Define and articulate the product vision, strategy and road map to all audiences.
- Collaborate with Division project management and information technology teams, UH Information Technology, and UH Marketing and Communications to develop strategic solutions to raise the visibility of national and university centers and institutes.
- Document and refine product requirements, user stories, use cases and execution strategies.
- Apply advanced analyses to evaluate the functional use and sustainability of enterprise products and third party solutions. Lead web related software evaluation, vendor assessment, negotiation and selection and build cases for establishment of proposed technology solutions.
- Employ advance web project management techniques, such as Agile Project Management, to move projects through defined development process.
- Perform navigation analysis and browser compatibility assessments and testing by utilizing applications to ensure technical performance. Troubleshoot, research and track web technology issues to determine solutions and identify opportunities to mitigate risk and threats.
- Define, report and measure KPIs and key success factors.
- Assist in managing web hosting servers, including updates and other system administrative task as needed.
- Perform other job duties as assigned.
EEO/AA UH Research Communications
Web Development Manager - Full Stack Preferred Qualifications
- Hands-on experience with Drupal site building and theming
- Experience with Git, Drush, Symfony, and Composer
- Familiarity with Amazon Web Services, especially AWS Lightsail
- Familiarity with ReactJS or other frontend libraries
May Be Eligible for Alternative Workplace Arrangements .
Bachelors and 7 years experience
Requires a thorough understanding of both theoretical and practical aspects of an analytical, technical or professional discipline; or the basic knowledge of more than one professional discipline. Knowledge of the discipline is normally obtained through a formal, directly job-related 4 year degree from a college or university or an equivalent in-depth specialized training program that is directly related to the type of work being performed. Requires a minimum of Seven (7) years of directly job-related experience.
Additional Job Posting Information:
- Department is willing to accept education in lieu of experience. May Be Eligible for Alternative Workplace Arrangements
- Agile Methodology
- Amazon Web Services