To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Oakland, CA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Junior Structural Engineer - United States
CH2M & Jacobs • Oakland, CA
Posted 1 day ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
The Buildings & Infrastructure Line of Business is a global network of employees, which serves both the private and public sector. Our employees work to shape the communities we live in by creating world-class projects that transform the future development patterns of those communities. We provide our clients award-winning planning, engineering, architectural and interior design, construction and program management, and design-build project delivery. The Jacobs business model allows us to successfully service our clients, leverage our integrated services, and provide our employees with growth opportunities while delivering global solutions to our clients local programs.
We consistently receive high rankings from Engineering News-Record (ENR) in many classifications, including the categories of Top Design Firms, Top Contractors, Top Green Buildings Design Firms, and Top Transportation Companies.
In this role, the Structural EIT will assist Engineers by performing the routine aspects of structural engineering assignments, subsequently providing familiarity with the programs, staff, and operating procedures of the company. The Structural EIT will work on a variety of projects pertaining to transportation projects.
- Works alongside experienced engineers to perform a variety of analysis and analysis support tasks such as creating computer models for analysis of structures, performing calculations of section properties and weight take-offs, preparation of analysis calculations, etc.
- Will perform field data gathering, walking up hills, climbing around piping, and driving to potential job sites
- Performs analysis of structures of various degree of complexity
- Prepares plans, designs, calculations and cost estimates under the supervision of experienced engineers
- Researches code issues and works with City, State, and County officials.
- Researches design options and documents findings for Project Engineers and/or Project Managers.
- Works collaboratively with the CAD technician team
- Solves engineering problems and challenges
- Contributes to the preparation of engineering/analysis reports and other technically related documents
- Liaises with other professionals and departments to gather information for projects
- Performs other duties as required.
- May attend design review meetings, and interact with clients as his or her level of experience progresses
- Masters degree in Civil or Structural Engineering, or in the process of obtaining this Masters degree required
- Must have current California drivers license and own a vehicle to drive
- Knowledge of ASCE-7, ACI 318, AISC Construction Manual, and AISC Seismic Design Manual
- Some knowledge with AASHTO LRFD Bridge Design Specification is helpful
- Federal requirements for a portion of the work require U.S. citizenship
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you'll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.
Jacobs leads the global professional services sector delivering solutions for a more connected, sustainable world.
With $15.0 billion in combined revenue and a talent force more than 77,000 strong, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of services including scientific, technical, professional, construction- and program-management for business, industrial, commercial, government and infrastructure sectors.
For more information, visit web address removed>