Scope of position includes management of more than 20 employees and an annual budget of $1.5 MM or more. Responsible for meeting established performance standards, profitability objectives, and adherence to safety regulation.
- Hire, train and schedule all warehouse employees and truck drivers. Cross train and develop employee skills for work coverage and future growth opportunities.
- Monitor metrics and report on variances to budget.
- Promote safe work environment through adherence to OSHA and DOT regulations as well as Mohawk Safety policies and standards. Conduct regular safety meetings.
- Ensure all employees comply with corporate policies and procedures.
- Oversee inventory control, adjustments and cycle count process.
- Ensure all employees are treated in a fair, equitable and consistent manner.
- Develop positive relationships with customers, salespeople and vendors.
- Assist in loading freight when needed.
- Complete projects as assigned by management.
- Train employees on new programs, techniques and equipment.
- Perform site audits as requested.
- Knowledge of OSHA regulations Knowledge of OSHA regulations
- Knowledge of DOT regulations Knowledge of DOT regulations
- Knowledge of Mohawk Safety standards Basic computer skills: Word & Excel
- Proficient with AS400 Previous management experience
- Basic computer skills: Word & Excel preferred
- Previous management experience preferred
- Previous experience as truck driver helpful
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Mohawk Industries is a leading global flooring manufacturer that creates products to enhance residential and commercial spaces around the world. Mohawk’s vertically integrated manufacturing and distribution processes provide competitive advantages in the production of carpet, rugs, ceramic tile, laminate, wood, stone and vinyl flooring. Our industry-leading innovation has yielded products and technologies that differentiate our brands in the marketplace and satisfy all remodeling and new construction requirements. Our brands are among the most recognized in the industry and include American Olean, Daltile, Durkan, IVC, Karastan, Marazzi, Mohawk, Mohawk Home, Pergo, and Quick-Step. During the past decade, Mohawk has transformed its business from an American carpet manufacturer into the world’s largest flooring company with operations in Australia, Brazil, Canada, Europe, India, Malaysia, Mexico, New Zealand, Russia and the United States