With Yukon-Kuskokwim Health Corporation in Bethel, Alaska, you’ll serve the over 50 rural communities in the Yukon Delta Region who come to us for care. You’ll grow your skills and expertise in a challenging environment, and experience a community environment within a community that will embrace you as one of their own.
Serving the people of Southwestern Alaska, the Yukon-Kuskokwim Hospital is a 50-bed general acute care medical facility. Fully accredited by JCAHO, services include adult med/surg, pediatrics, obstetrics, emergency room, as well as outpatient family medicine clinics, pharmacy, lab, and imaging.
Assists with patient care basted on individual patient needs within the scope of practice under direct supervision of the Registered Nurse. Computer skills to include the ability to order diagnostic tests and maintain an electronic ER record. Current AK DL to provide transportation for healthcare staff when necessary.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- One year experience in the hospital setting, or one year EMS experience.
- Must have valid Alaska Driver’s License. Required to pass BLS course within 30 days of hire and acquire EMT I Certification in the State of Alaska within 12 months of hire.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret documents such as safety rules, procedure manuals, and maintenance instructions. Basic computer skills.
- Crisis Prevention Intervention training completion within one year of hire.
- Generous PTO – beginning at 4.5 weeks
- Ten paid holidays
- Comprehensive healthcare coverage
- Life and Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Retirement plans
- Employee Wellness Center
YKHC is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, and any other basis protected by law. Individuals with disabilities needing assistance in the recruitment process are encouraged to contact Human Resources directly.
Preference is given to Alaska Native/American Indian applicants who meet minimum requirements according to the provisions of P.L. 93-638.
Working Together to Achieve Excellent Health
[ Link removed ]
For more information, please contact YKHC Recruitment at: [ Email removed ] - URL blocked - click to apply or [ Phone number blocked ] - ||
Basic Life Support
Registered Nurse Certified