On behalf of our client Kelly Engineering Services is searching for a Water Resource Engineer knowledgeable in Civil Engineering concepts, theory, principles, and practices of civil engineering. Must possess a Professional Engineer in Training Certification, at time of hire into the position. Must pass the Professional Engineering (PE) examination within two (2) years of eligibility for candidacy for the P.E. examination.
• The Water Resource Engineer is responsible for performing engineering work involving surveys, investigations, plans, structures or equipment,
• Designing/reviewing/analyzing moderate to complex sketches/drawings/plans/ specifications of proposed projects;
• Determining work and materials required;
• Evaluating/selecting/applying engineering techniques/procedures/criteria using judgement and expertise in making/recommending adaptations/modifications/ troubleshooting problems;
• Performing engineering studies; compiling/analyzing/interpreting data;
• Recommending modifications in the present systems; performing field work; taking measurements;
• Determining placement of utilities; assuring maps are accurate; meeting with clients/customers/contractors concerning proposed utility services; and responding to questions by the general public;
• Driving/operating vehicles in performing work assignments/responsibilities.
• Graduation from a four (4) year accredited university/college with a Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering and a minimum of two (2) years progressively responsible experience performing civil engineering work in/for a utility, which includes reviewing/monitoring the work of others.
• Thorough knowledge of safety rules/regulations/ procedures; thorough knowledge of concepts, theory, principles, practices of civil engineering; thorough knowledge of supervisory concepts and practices;
• Skill in use of computers and applicable software; ability to perform systems analysis; ability to use good judgement in making adaptations/modifications applying engineering techniques, procedures, and criteria; ability to perform accurate complex mathematical computations; ability to evaluate and solve technical engineering problems; ability to design/prepare/interpret complex engineering maps/sketches/drawings/blueprints;
• Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing; ability to research, plan, coordinate, schedule, project, and prioritize work;
• Ability to prepare and maintain reports and records; ability to supervise people and multiple projects; ability to maintain effective working relationships with customers, the general public, all levels of employees, officials, and contractors.
• Must possess a Professional Engineer in Training Certification, at time of hire into the position.
• Must pass the Professional Engineering (PE) examination within two (2) years of eligibility for candidacy for the P.E. examination.
• Must possess and maintain a valid North Carolina Driver’s License.
Your engineering skills are in demand, but how do you find the right fit? Easy. With Kelly® Engineering, our experts connect you with leading organizations where you can learn and grow, collaborate on innovative projects, and keep your skills sharp with top technology. Whether you prefer the variety and flexibility of short-term projects, or are looking for something more long-term, we’re here every step of the way to find your dream engineering job.
At Kelly, we’re always thinking about what’s next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we’re a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.
Physical Education (Pe)