Lennox International (LII) is a leading global provider of innovative climate control solutions for heating, ventilation, air conditioning, and refrigeration (HVACR) markets.Beginning over a century ago, Lennox International has built a strong heritage of Innovation and Responsibility. Our position as an innovation leader continually inspires us to promote more efficient energy use and a healthier environment through our product operations. Our engaged and diverse workforce is committed to providing climate control solutions that provide the most value and comfort for our customers. We are proud to have instilled a shared sense of responsibility and commitment among our approximately 10,000 employees located throughout North America, South America, Europe, Asia, and Australia.Job Description
As a senior manager, the person in this position leads the transportation department to ensure best cost transportation, equipment and services, cost-effective systems, and continuous process improvement activities in order to meet company objectives. This trusted manager is responsible for the effective operation of the company’s transportation network and will provide expert leadership and support to the department.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Working closely with the Corporate Supply Chain group and business unit leadership, establish the strategic direction for transportation.
- Ensure alignment between third party partners, the factory team, customer service and distribution centers to fulfill customer needs.
- Provide trusted direction and expertise on the implementation of cost-effective systems required by the company.
- Lead Freight Cost Reduction activities in conjunction with both internal and external logistics partners.
- Develop and ensure the implementation of policies and procedures covering rate negotiation and purchase of transportation, freight bill auditing and overcharge claims, and optimum traffic routes.
Requires a bachelor's degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Requires at least 8 years related experience. Requires at least 3 years experience as a manager.
- Expert knowledge of principles and methods for moving goods by air, rail, sea, or road, including the relative costs and benefits.
- Knows industry and regulatory trends.
- Requires excellent negotiation skills.
- Must know how to use Transportation Management Systems to optimize transportation networks.
- Must have excellent written and oral communication skills
- The ability to create an environment that motivates team members plus other business unit peers to identify and maximize efficiency synergies across multiple business units.
- Requires knowledge and understanding of the practical impact of import and export regulations in a wide range of countries.
- Collaborate with sales, operations and site transportation analysts to provides the business process direction and expertise on the implementation of cost- effective process and technology systems required to execute transportation management.
Transportation Management Systems
Business Process Improvement