Senior Technology & Integration Architect | AdventHealth Information Technology
Location Address: 902 Inspiration Avenue, Altamonte Springs, Florida 32714
Top Reasons to Work at AdventHealth Corporate
- Great benefits
- Immediate Health Insurance Coverage
- Career growth and advancement potential
- Award-winning IT Department
- Full-Time, Monday – Friday
You Will Be Responsible For:
- Provides technical guidance and oversight. Leads team members in problem analysis and project design/scope. Manages projects through the entire software/application development life cycle. Recommends improvements to processes, technology, and interfaces that improve the effectiveness of the team and the integration engine.
- Analyzes requirements and creates specification. Gathers and documents interface project requirements. Analyzes current interface functionality and works closely with the AIT Integration team. Analyzes project requirements to understand scope of interface work. Analyzes impact of future design decisions on interfaces. Reads, comprehends, and creates technical specifications and technical documentation.
- Diagrams high-level and detailed interface designs. Creates detailed conformance documents for interfaces to share both internally and externally.
- Works closely with AIT Integration team to develop integration solutions. Recommends interfaces using the appropriate standard or protocol (such as: HL7, CCD, XML, X12, FTP, or other interoperability standards and protocols) according to the documented specifications for complex projects.
- Effectively uses interface engines (such as: Cloverleaf, Open Engine, or other comparable systems) to support AHS’s interoperability projects with Cerner or other systems.
- Executes testing and creates associated documentation. Coordinates, plans, and executes unit or system testing of interfaces alongside AIT Integration team. As required, prepares project documentation for Quality Assurance. Participates in the Quality Assurance testing process and works towards resolving interface issues found during testing.
- Attends change control meetings to represent any changes affecting interfaces. Creates detailed implementation plan and implements approved integration changes into production alongside AIT Integration team.
- Plans, tracks, communicates, and escalates project issues in order to seek resolution. Plans and executes technical project steps to meet set deadlines. Provides accurate and timely status to management, escalating roadblocks as necessary. Coordinates and drives technical meetings with external teams and vendors. Manages technical project issues to seek resolution.
- Troubleshoots and resolves issues, escalates if necessary.
- Performs other duties as assigned or directed to ensure smooth and efficient operation of the AIT department and in order to comply with AHS policy and procedures.
- Ability to work within Agile team frameworks
What You Will Need:
Education and Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a field of study such as Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field, OR equivalent IT work experience
- 10+ years of programming/systems analysis experience with emphasis in applications and systems architectural design and development – database and middleware technologies is preferred
- 8+ years of systems integration or HL7 interface development experience (such as designing, building, programming, installing and supporting HL7 interfaces)
- Experience coordinating and managing competing priorities and issues to facilitate appropriate client support and escalation of issues
- Integration development experience (such as mapping, scripting, connectivity, and configuration)
- Troubleshooting experience
- Experience providing technical oversight for complex projects through project life cycle
- Experience mentoring and training Integration team members
- Experience leading and working on multiple complex projects concurrently
Education and Experience Preferred:
- Experience with Cerner, SQL, HL7, Linux or UNIX, Scripting Languages (TCL, Korn shell, or comparable), CCD or CDA, Cerner Open Engine, CCL or Discern Explorer, Relational Database, or HL7 v2.x
- Cerner Interface Manager Experience with healthcare operations
- Experience in programming and problem analysis
- Experience with interface on-call support
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Ability to logically read and comprehend technical and/or functional manuals and instructions
- Research and analysis skills to recommend and design new project architecture or enhance existing architecture for complex solutions
- Knowledge of HL7 standards
- Knowledge of scripting languages (such as CCL, Korn Shell, or comparable)
- Knowledge of interface engines and their architecture (such as Cloverleaf, Cerner Open Engine, or comparable interface engine)
- Ability to determine issue impact and resolve complex issues in stressful situation
The Senior Technology & Integration Architect applies practical knowledge of integration to design, develop and oversee integration solutions of moderate to high complexity. He/she will provide technical guidance and oversight on all projects with internal and external systems and will act as a point of escalation and technical expert. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Sql (Programming Language)