At Gentherm, we say, “It’s about the person.” We’re with you on a cold winter day when you turn on your heated seat and steering wheel or helping manage patient body temperature in the operating room, recovering room or intensive care units. We take a human approach with everything we do.
As the global leader in thermal management technologies we embrace the opportunity to create and deliver extraordinary thermal solutions that make meaningful differences in everyday life. We do this by improving health, wellness, comfort and energy efficiency.
We embrace an entrepreneurial spirit and combine that with our global leadership to deliver results. Working at Gentherm provides you the opportunity to not only shape the future of the automotive and medical industries, but also influence your career throughout the company. You will be engaged, challenged and inspired by our team to deliver leading thermal technologies that positively impact lives around the world.
Senior Internal Auditor
IMPACT and OPPORTUNITY
Assist the Internal Audit Department in providing independent, objective assurance and consulting services designed to add value and improve the operations of Gentherm. Perform activities that support the department in completion of annual Global Internal Audit plans and Sarbanes Oxley compliance efforts.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform internal control and business walk-throughs of in-scope processes at locations and report on weaknesses and control gaps and provide recommendations for corrective actions
- Support the company’s operational and compliance efforts to create a more effective, efficient and controlled environment
- Assist the department managers in identifying, documenting, monitoring and testing the internal controls of the company’s in-scope entities/processes
- Support department managers in preparing, performing and overseeing operational and financial audits by interviewing personnel, evaluating evidence and preparing detailed work papers to support conclusions
- Identify opportunities for more efficient and effective processes/controls
- Perform data analysis to identify areas for audit and targeted audit procedures
- Track and aid remediation efforts related to deficiencies/observations found during the testing of internal controls/operational audits
- Perform follow-up activities to ensure recommendations are implemented in the field
- Oversee co-source staff while working in the field to ensure timeliness and accuracy of deliverables
- Complete special projects as requested
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance, Master’s degree desirable
- 3-5 years of position related experience.
- Professional certification or pursuit thereof (e.g. CPA, CIA) strongly preferred
- Solid knowledge of COSO Framework and SOX
- Knowledge of manufacturing/automotive business preferred
- Excellent analytical skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- A “team player” who will encourage the open exchange of ideas
- Self-motivated with ability to work with minimal supervision
- Completed work product should meet the objectives and be in a form that requires very little modifications i.e. client ready
- Good organizational skills - Work should be done in a deliberate structured way to achieve the objectives completely and the work if fully traceable
- Professional attitude in working with all personnel i.e. management and co-source staff
- Understand the mission and output of your team; set SMART objectives and deliver
- Focus on agility and commitment to continuous improvement; Understand and act on internal and external drivers of change
- Foster a culture of learning and development; Support individual growth through continuous feedback to achieve personal and professional goals
- Openly embrace, create, implement and support new and innovative ideas, processes and technology that deliver business results
PHYSCIAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
All positions in our office require interaction with people and technology while either standing or sitting. In order to best service our customers, internal and external, all associates must be able to communicate face-to-face and on the phone with or without reasonable accommodation. Gentherm is committed to compliance with its obligations under all applicable state and federal laws prohibiting employment discrimination. In keeping with this commitment, it attempts to reasonably accommodate applicants and employees in accordance with the requirements of the disability discrimination laws. It also invites individuals with disabilities to participate in a good faith, interactive process to identify reasonable accommodations that can be made without imposing an undue hardship.
Gentherm is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.