Required Security Clearance:
8570 Category Requirement:
IAT Level II
8570 Specialist Requirement:
Potential for Teleworking:
Base-2 Solutions is currently seeking a talented CUCM (Cisco Unified Communication Manager) VoIP/DVTC Administrator with an active TS/SCI clearance to provide maintenance and advanced support for customers globally. The successful candidate will be responsible for providing all voice over IP networks and some Video Teleconferencing within the Enterprise; supporting a 24x7 NOC (Network Operations Center).
Responsibilities include Tier II / Tier III resolution and customer support for all managed networks. Candidate must be familiar with the use of Cisco Call Manager, Cisco Unity, Tandberg Management Suite (TMS), and various other tools as required.
- NOC is 24x7 shift work; to include weekends and holiday for all employees
- Day Shift: 6am – 2:30pm
- Swing Shift: 2pm – 10:30pm
- Mid Shift: 10:30pm – 6am
- Technical knowledge of VoIP / IP telephony systems, software, hardware, and Telecommunications standards, Unified Communications Manager, Unit Connection, and Unified Presence
- Understanding of call routing to include calling search spaces and partitions, route patterns, trunks and gateways
- Experience voice gateways and CUBEs
- Experience with VTC equipment such as Cisco Telepresence Management Suite, Tandberg and Cisco CODECs, Gatekeepers, Gateways and MCUs.
- Possess understanding of TCP/IP, H323, E164 and SIP protocols.
- Ability to troubleshoot common VoIP & VTC issues to include identifying and correcting issues with endpoints, trunks, dial plans, and profiles
- Experience analog gateways
- Understanding of the Tandberg Management System -Licensing of devices and servers (VoIP and DVTC)
- Ability to troubleshoot common VTC issues to include the identification of failed endpoints, bandwidth saturation, or mis-configured conferences
- Ensure compliance with network security policies and procedures
- Assist in the development of the training, local guides, Rules of Engagement (ROE) policies and Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) as they pertain to the Unified Communications environment.
- Create and report all outage notifications and network related issues according to standard operating procedures
- Comprehensive knowledge of network topology; along with networked hardware and software tools listed above
- Participate in engineering projects or upgrades as tasked by management
- Interface with vendors to ensure proper performance of tools and software packages.
- Provides training and technical guidance to lower tier employees
Skills and Tasks
- Researches and evaluates new concepts and processes to improve performance.
- Analyzes cross-functional problem sets, identifies root causes and resolves issues.
- Assists more junior level technicians, specialists, and managers in their activities.
- Can perform all tasks of lower level technicians, specialists, and/or managers.
- Works individually, actively participates on integrated teams, and leads multiple tasks, projects or teams.
- Oversees and monitors performance, and when required, takes steps to resolve issues.
- Directs multiple teams through to project completion.
- Provides guidance and direction to lower level technicians, specialists, and managers.
Training and Certifications
- DoD 8570 compliance or information assurance certification commensurate with technical objectives and services required within the task order.
- Applicable software or hardware training and certifications commensurate with the technical objectives, services required and IT environment specified within the task order.
Education and Experience
- High School Diploma + 9 years
- Associate's Degree + 7 years
- Bachelor's Degree + 5 years
- Master's Degree + 3 years
- PhD + 0 years
Voice Over Ip
Session Initiation Protocols
Cisco Unified Communications Manager