To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Indianapolis, IN 46218
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
General Manager - Correctional Services
Aramark • Indianapolis, IN
Posted 5 days ago
Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) proudly serves Fortune 500 companies, world champion sports teams, state-of-the-art healthcare providers, the world’s leading educational institutions, iconic destinations and cultural attractions, and numerous municipalities in 19 countries around the world. Our 270,000 team members deliver experiences that enrich and nourish millions of lives every day through innovative services in food, facilities management and uniforms. We operate our business with social responsibility, focusing on initiatives that support our diverse workforce, advance consumer health and wellness, protect our environment, and strengthen our communities. Aramark is recognized as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE, as well as an employer of choice by the Human Rights Campaign and DiversityInc. Learn more atwww.aramark.com or connect with us onFacebook andTwitter.
About Aramark Correctional Services
Aramark Correctional Services (ACS) is far and away the leader in outsourced food services within the Corrections industry, preparing well over 1,000,000 meals a day for state, county and city facilities. We are perhaps best known for our food, but to be the leader you need to do more. At ACS, we endeavor to Go Beyond for our clients by helping them solve the unique challenges of the corrections environment. We do this through the development of innovative programs that benefit not only the client, but also the officers, the offenders and the surrounding community. We also Go Beyond for our people by providing a foundation for professional growth and advancement through world-class training and development at every level. ACS maintains an environment that encourages innovative thinking and humble confidence by nurturing and retaining the very best, talented, goal-oriented individuals who recognize the unique opportunities ACS offers. Go Beyond. For You. With You.
About the Position:
As a General Manager (GM) for Correctional Services, you will provide overall planning, direction and control to assigned multiple units within a defined district, in order to achieve various operating and financial goals. This person reports directly to the District Manager.
Duties of this position include:
- Provide guidance and motivation to Front Line Managers and other area staff
- Establish and maintain effective client and customer rapport with a mutually beneficial business relationship
- Formulate strategic business decisions and be able to execute and deliver on those decisions
- Identify and engage top talent and develop team members to their fullest potential within the organization
- Maintain the financial and business planning process
- Leverage relationships to support new and existing business growth
- This position supervises inmates
- Other duties as assigned
Employment with Aramark Correctional Services is contingent upon the satisfactory completion of all required pre-employment screening checks. Once an offer of employment is made, applicants will be required to undergo various pre-employment screening checks including, but not limited to, criminal background checks. Criminal background check results are reviewed and analyzed in accordance with applicable law and all appropriate factors are considered, including the nature and gravity of the offense(s), the amount of time that has passed since the commission of the offense(s), the relationship between the offense(s) and the job being sought, operating contract requirements and factors required by state law.
Ideal candidates will posses:
- s a bachelor's degree in one of the following: Institutions Management, Food and Nutrition, Business Administration or other related field, plus a minimum of 4 year's relevant experience.
- Managing and communicating effectively in a diverse, multi-location environment with focus on client and customer services is a key factor of this job.
- Developing and engaging Front Line Managers to successfully support business needs is essential to being an effective leader.
- The ability to take initiative and make decisions based off information provided and changing demands is an essential capability to be successful in this role.
- P&L accountability and/or contract-management service experience is required.
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications is essential.
- Previous contract-managed service experience is desirable.
Aramark is an EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION employer – Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran