To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
Wallops Island, VA 23337
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Web Application Developer (Software Engineer 1)
Ljt & Associates Inc • Wallops Island, VA
Posted 25 days ago
LJT & Associates, Inc. provides a wide range of engineering and other support services to the U.S. Government and International customers. We are a diverse business with expertise in the analysis, design, development, and implementation of a variety of engineering and hardware integration solutions as well as operations and maintenance support for both launch ranges and space communications tracking and network systems and base operating support. We are seeking a qualified candidate to support our Range Operations Contract at Wallops Island VA.
Work as part of a team to develop, and support mission-critical web-based operations and business applications software in accordance with requirements documentationDuties & Responsibilities
• Develop web based applications with a high quality user experience to facilitate data collection and analysis, maintaining accessibility across web platforms while fulfilling product, security, common data requirements.
• Integrate existing off-the-shelf application with developed applications to develop a common user facing web presents, dashboards, and data sharing.
• Provide for and perform the maintenance, implementation, integration, test, and transfer into operations of developed and off-the-shelf application products.
• Provide ongoing development of deployed applications products to meet changing user needs, developing future requirements, and operational cost savings.
• Analyze product requirements and translate them into application designs.
• Apply Agile development processes to create prototype applications, perform testing of software products and respond to and resolve software discrepancies against products’ needs analysis, application interfaces and requirements.
• Generate and maintain applications in accordance with product requirements and department standards
• Generate/update application documents (designs, manuals, code, support) following department approval, configuration, release, and version controls
• Maintain deployed applications and application servers.
May be required to obtain NASA’s System Administration certificate
• BS degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, Math or related field plus 2-5 years of related experience required
• Masters Degree in engineering or science may substituted for 2 years experience
• AA/AS degree may be substituted for 2 years experience
• In lieu of formal education, 10 years of related experience may be substituted
• US Citizenship required
• 3 years experience developing web-based enterprise applications
• Understanding of Java programing with a MVC framework.
• Understanding of relational databases and 2 years experience with SQL
• Understanding and experience in needs analysis, use-case development & application design
• Ability to provide accurate work estimates.
• Good technical writing skills in documenting code, designs, processes, & manuals.
Preferred experience with (not Required): Java PrimeFaces, PHP, IBM Cognos, Git, Jira, Stash or Bitbucket, Oracle, MS SQL, Tomcat application server
LJT is an Equal Opportunity Employer