Your Home for an Exceptional Career.
With the nation’s largest home infusion provider, there is no limit to the growth of your career.
For nearly 40 years, Option Care has been shaping the home infusion services industry. From industry pioneers to trusted partners, Option Care has emerged as the leading home infusion services provider. Our company has grown over 5,000 strong—a workforce that spans the nation and is united by a common passion for making exceptional healthcare synonymous with home.
Job Description Summary:
The Clinical Transition Specialist is an experienced sales professional who uses sales techniques to sell Option Care products and services to discharging patients. They are responsible for educating patients, their families and the facility staff about how the services and products will be facilitated at an alternative site. Clinical Transition Specialists ensure proper placement of patients within the Home Health Care setting by assessing patients, gathering preadmission information, collaborating with internal (intake) and external (case managers, discharge planners) partners to ensure quality of service and implementation of an effective treatment plan. Clinical Transition Specialists are also responsible for proactively building strong relationships with referral sources and partnering with Account Managers to grow referral rates and achieve sales goals.
- Proactively maintains and grows relationships with referrals sources to increase sales and patient starts. Serves as key point of contact and representative of Option Care to provide education, assistance, and service to referral sources.
- Interacts with area service providers on a daily basis to sell Option Care services that could assist in the care for discharging patients. Conducts assessment of patients selected by the hospital to ensure patient is a viable candidate for alternative site care.
- Uses sales techniques to educate patients, their families and the facility staff about the services and products provided by Option Care.
- Provides hands on, in person education to patients and their caregivers with the goal of timely discharge and therapy independence.
- Effectively communicates with agency staff, medical team, patients and family throughout the discharge process to implement an effective treatment plan.
- Responsible for collecting, reviewing and completing pre-admission information and securing related signoff.
- Partners with Account Manager and Regional Sales Director to create and execute area business and growth plan.
- Communicates frequently with Account Manager to discuss opportunities, assess progress, and provide feedback related to promoting the services of Option Care
- Partners with Account Manager and marketing staff to deliver educational and promotional programs to patient/caregiver and referral sources.
- Reviews the patient’s medical record to obtain both pertinent medical history and primary/ secondary insurance payor information and communicates this to patient registration department.
- Proactively initiates care transition coordination with referral sources and internal partners to ensure seamless patient transitions to home or ATS. Participates with any data collection required for therapy start and patient tracking process. This may include facilitating the transfer of orders via phone, fax, and e-prescribing
- Maintains confidentiality of patient and proprietary information and observes legal guidelines for safeguarding the confidentiality of patient and proprietary Option Care information.
- Provides oversight and input to the providers regarding the patient and proper assessment and treatment process and transition to home care.
- Serves as a point of contact, coordination, and communication with other providers.
- Makes arrangements for any special medical supplies or appliances to be available.
Does this position have supervisory responsibilities? NO
(i.e. hiring, recommending/approving promotions and pay increases, scheduling, performance reviews, discipline, etc.)
BASIC EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
Licensed Registered Nurse (RN) in the state of practice and at least 2 years of experience in the Home Care setting.
- Experience establishing and maintaining relationships with individuals at all levels of the organization in the business community and with vendors.
- Experience applying knowledge of standard practices for all services offered as well as current relevant and applicable standards (i.e. ACHC, URAC standards).
- Experience providing customer service to internal and external customers, including meeting quality standards of services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Basic PC skills: Able to competently use internet, email, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint
- Experience in identifying operational issues and recommending and implementing strategies to resolve and improve processes.
- Access to a reliable means of transportation which will enable the incumbents to travel to care facilities, home visits and multiple hospitals. If such means of transportation would include a personal vehicle, a valid driver’s license and proof of insurance would be required.
- Able to plan, organize and make presentations
Travels to and from partnerships facilities, community hospitals, and medical practice offices to sell Option Care Services, process referrals and provide live education and training support to patient/caregiver and referral sources.
Hands on home or alternate site infusion or discharge planning experience
Experience growing service provider partnerships
Option Care subscribes to a policy of equal employment opportunity, making employment available without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship status according to the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, or genetic information.
Microsoft Power Point