To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Fair Play, MO 65649
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Scale Operator - AGA Fair Play
CRH Americas Materials • Fair Play, MO
Posted 2 months ago
Job ID: 150130
Ash Grove Aggregates, a CRH company, is a multi-location limestone producer with quarries in Kansas and Missouri. For over 40 years, our mission continues to ensure that we are the producer of choice in the crushed stone industry. Our actions are directed toward attaining and maintaining successful, safe employees and valued customers.
Performs general clerical and office support duties for the scale houses. Arranges for delivery, and invoicing of all sales.
Works from general supervision on routine duties with standard policies and procedures. Refers problems and questions to supervisor.
PRIMARY DUTIES & REPONSIBILITIES
- Answer phone courteously and arrange customer orders. Take messages, when appropriate
- Weigh trucks and write scale tickets.
- Arrange for and dispatch truck deliveries.
- Provide customer service by answering questions, taking credit applications and assisting customers & vendors, as needed, calculating rock requirements and appropriate pricing.
- Forward larger and bid type projects to sales staff.
- Responsible for care and maintenance of computer and phone equipment.
- Relay messages on the radio, as needed.
- Primarily in charge of all incoming and outgoing facsimiles.
- Mail correspondence to the Overland Park office.
- Knowledge of MSHA (Mine Safety and Health Administration) rules, training practices, first aid and any other rules of safety as applicable to the specific task
- Keep work area clean and orderly ins ide the scale house and around the quarry.
- Must submit to random drug testing, as selected, and comply with Company Drug and Alcohol Pol icy.
REQUIRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Knowledge of general office practices and procedures. Knowledge of grammar, spelling and punctuation. Skill in operating a computer to store data and generate reports. Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide. Ability to use general office equipment such as a calculator, personal computer, copy machine, fax machine, etc.
Verbal and written communication skills needed. Ability to pay close attention to detail with minimal errors, both over the telephone and intra-personnel. Skill in safety around other individuals and machines.
High school graduation or equivalent preferred.
Six months to one year's experience preferred performing general clerical duties and office functions.
About CRH Americas
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
CRH Americas is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our career site. Please complete your online profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
Ash Grove Aggregates is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.