A completed online application will make it more efficient and quicker for us to place you.
Needed in the following cities: Newport News, Hampton, Williamsburg
Duties may include:
Accounts Payable: Match invoices to purchase orders or other applicable documentation for verification prior to payment.
• Research and reconcile discrepancies in invoices and purchase orders.
• Route invoices within the company to obtain payment approval.
• Code invoices and set up payment schedules.
• Generate and prepare checks, which may require obtaining signatures.
• Maintain accounts payable files.
• Update and maintain vendor database and reconcile statements.
• Prepare monthly accruals
Accounts Receivable: Reconcile and post payments to accounts receivable ledger or accounting spreadsheet.
• Figure discounts and post sales and cash receipts.
• Prepare cash and check payments for bank deposit; issue customer statements, aging reports, and other operating statements.
• Prepare bills and invoices for sales and services rendered.
• Collect on accounts by sending bill reminders and communicating with customers via phone, email, fax, and/or mail.
• Generate monthly, quarterly, and/or annual financial statements and reports that detail paid and unpaid invoices and other accounts receivable activities.
• Possess good verbal communication skills and well-developed organizational abilities.