To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Janesville, WI
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Registered Nurse - RN - Chronic Dialysis
Maxim Healthcare Services • Janesville, WI
Posted 2 months ago
The RN Dialysis nurse isresponsible for providing dialysis treatment to patients suffering from kidneyfailure to include pre and post dialysis care while maintaining a safeenvironment, providing compassionate care and per facility / physician orders.
Essential Duties andResponsibilities:
- Ensure compassionate, professional delivery of all dialysis-related nursing services in a clinical setting.
- Make the most of your nursing skills to provide the highest level of care to patients and ensure their safety, comfort and well being.
- Understanding of the basic and advanced principles of water treatment. Prepares patients for dialysis treatment and continually monitors patient during the treatment.
- Properly sets up the dialysis machine in preparation for use.
- Prepares dialysate according to formulas and primes with saline or heparinized solution.
- Records patient’s pre-dialysis weight and vital signs.
- Responsible for teaching patients and their families about healthcare practices for safety at home.
- Accurately explains the dialysis procedure and the operation of the dialysis machine to new patients and answers any questions related to dialysis and health maintenance.
- Calculates fluid removal or replacement to be achieved during the dialysis procedure.
- Uses proper techniques to access the dialysis site and correctly connects patient to dialysis machine.
- Begins procedure and monitors the dialysis site during the treatment.
- Accurately collects, documents, and reports all patient data (i.e. vital signs, weights). Observes and monitors patient(s) during the procedure and reports any changes or adverse reactions in patient’s condition to the Charges Registered Nurse on duty.
- Provides skilled intervention to patients as applicable for any signs-symptoms of adverse reaction and/or change in patient’s condition.
- Obtains and records patient’s post dialysis weight and vital signs.
- Documents all patient care procedures performed during the dialysis treatment.
- Correctly follows all policies and procedures in testing the machine pre-treatment.
- Correctly follows all policies and procedures to discontinue treatment and disconnect the patient from the dialysis machine.
- Responsible for cleaning and quality control of the dialysis equipment. Reports any machine problems or malfunctions to the facility or charge registered nurse, as required by policy.
- Recognizes and acts appropriately to any patient signs and symptoms indicating the possible onset of complications and/or adverse reactions of the dialysis treatment.
- May participate in the development of patient care plans; depending upon the facility or work assignment.
- Performs other duties as assigned/necessary
- Possession of a valid state registered nursing license.
- Possession of a valid state professional dialysis license if applicable per state requirement or contract specification.
- Successful completion of the hospital/unit orientation and training program – per assignment.
- Dialysis Certification by the National Nephrology Technology Certification Board preferred.
- Sound knowledge of the medication and advance and high tech equipments utilized in the clinics.
- Minimum of one year professional experience in the relevant field; preferred.
- Ability to effectively elicit/provide information to and from appropriate individuals (including, but not limited to, supervisors, co-workers, clients) via strong communication skills; proficiency in the English language may be required
- Computer proficiency required
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Competitive pay & weekly paychecks
- Health, dental, vision, and life insurance
- 401(k) savings plan
- Awards and recognition programs