Overview:Provide administrative and operational support to the Hotel General Manager.Responsibilities and requirements:
• Oversee the daily operations of the hotel in the absence of the General Manager.
• Assist with interviews, hiring and complete on-site training for all new employees along with any disciplinary and discharge of hotel employees according to company standards.
• Help maintain a compliant, safe, secure, and healthy environment by establishing, following, and enforcing policy and procedures.
• Ensure that deposits are made daily in the absence of the manager, except for the weekends.
• Forward all accounting information to Corporate every week to include night audit, deposit slips, unpaid invoices, and checks written from petty cash accounts with attached invoices.
• Assist/Conduct monthly department meetings to review the performance of the hotel along with answering any questions they may have.
• Manage Front Desk Agents and assist in reviewing all work schedules for all departments.
• Oversee guest and employee incidents.
• Must be neat in appearance and wear Business Casual attire.
• Assist with staff performance reviews in accordance with company standards.
• Attend all required meetings and help complete tip reporting.
• Perform other duties as assigned by Management along with any additional training that may be required.Qualifications and Education Requirements
• High school diploma or GED preferred.
• 2-5 years' experience in hospitality required.
• Must work well in stressful situations and maintain composure under pressure.
• Detail oriented and strong written/verbal communication required.
• Will need to be able to listen, understand, clarify, and resolve concerns/issues raised by co-workers and guests.
• Able to understand financial information, data, and basic mathematical functions.
• Must pass a background check and drug screen.Physical requirements
• Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
• Able to lift, carry, push, and pull up to 35 lbs.Disclaimer:
The job description is not an exhaustive list of all functions the employee may be required to perform. Valley Hospitality reserves the right to revise the job description at any time. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an "at will" employment relationship.
- Attention To Detail