To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Torrance, CA
- Vaco - Los Angeles (LAX)
- Phone: (310)625-0912
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Technical Accounting Manager
Vaco Resources • Torrance, CA
Posted 1 month ago
This position will help the Director of Reporting and Technical Accounting investigate technical accounting matters. The successful candidate must be a self-starter and work with limited direction while taking full ownership of the areas of responsibility, provide solutions and alternatives.
The Technical Accounting consultant will also be involved with the following:
- Sourcing relevant accounting guidance and interpreting the relevant application to the client's business by writing technical memos and accounting policies and procedures that are defensible by the Big 4 audit firms
- Review all new accounting pronouncements that have accounting implications on the company's operations. Prepares and discusses monthly and quarterly new accounting pronouncements.
- Drafts technical white papers on important technical issues, including revenue, leases and mergers and acquisitions.
- Coordinates with global controllers for proper treatment and compliance of various revenue and lease accounting transactions under US GAAP
- Takes a lead in the preparation, implementation and monitoring of global corporate accounting policies and procedures. Updates policies based on new accounting pronouncements
- Liaising with local teams, internal auditors and external auditors for various local statutory and US GAAP compliance
- Adhoc projects and technical research